Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That's crazy how it would just start out of nowhere. Bike rides fine, then it gets some dodads that require fender bolt removal only and after that you have a buzz.
I had the same doodads before with no issues. Just swapped for lighted ones.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Called Michelin. There is a known issue and they are trying to figure it out. They said to go through my tire shop and they can file a claim. Tires have a 6 year warranty. Called my tire shop and they want to rebalance first then maybe give me a new set. Don’t think I wanna do that. Maybe bite the bullet and get something else. I’m really disappointed.
I would go with different tires front and rear. It will probably take them awhile to sort out the issues. A 6 year warranty isn't worth squat if you have to keep warrantying them. Just my $.02, hope it all works out for ya! You owe me a beer, told ya it was the tires!;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same date code on my front tire that you have and I have a buzz while riding straight up, little left, little right the buzz goes away. It’s a little irritating but not the end of the world. I will be keeping an eye on this to see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I have the same date code on my front tire that you have and I have a buzz while riding straight up, little left, little right the buzz goes away. It’s a little irritating but not the end of the world. I will be keeping an eye on this to see what happens.

You my friend have a defective tire also.

·
Registered
128 Posts

You should start a claim with Michelin. Could be Winter before you hear back.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The timing of your change just seems weird. I hand balance my own wheels and mount my own front tires. I read that a lot of shops don't balance front wheels and I didn't have any weights on my wheels from the MoCo.

Balance well on reinstall. Lastly......very weird. That sucks. I swear by Michelin. But I am heavily biased and have had bad BF Goodrich and Yokohama tires previously on my cars. Good luck! Post results once you get it sorted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try removing the new lights that were installed, put it back to the way it was before the buzz . Go for a ride and see if it still does it. Maybe the new lights vibrating on the forks and feeling in the bars?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sorry for your problem. This is why I didn’t go with the Commander 3’s and became a first time American Elites buyer.

Reactions: BH#103

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Try removing the new lights that were installed, put it back to the way it was before the buzz . Go for a ride and see if it still does it. Maybe the new lights vibrating on the forks and feeling in the bars?
They don’t vibrate. They’re metal and solid. I had the same fork covers before without lights. Find out tomorrow after new tires.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
IDK what’s going on with these tires but this morning my bike was twitchy AF. Making me nervous. Nobody I called has Bridgestone H50s so OEMs are going on tomorrow. Go with what you know and go from there.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
IDK what’s going on with these tires but this morning my bike was twitchy AF. Making me nervous. Nobody I called has Bridgestone H50s so OEMs are going on tomorrow. Go with what you know and go from there.
There are a great number of people running the AE's with good luck and I know of a lot of people with happy happy thoughts about them. They also have a rebate going on until the end of the month. There are also those Bridgestone ones in another tire thread that seem to have peoples' attention. Not sure if those are the H50's you mentioned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know the AEs are good tires but my buddy got them and said he likes the OEMs better. Going with OEM. If I still have an issue the lights are coming off.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I know the AEs are good tires but my buddy got them and said he likes the OEMs better. Going with OEM. If I still have an issue the lights are coming off.
Your lights can stay on, they are not the issue. Let us know about your new found love of your bike when the tires don't buzz after you get your replacements tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had AEs on for 9-10k miles and I never had a good feeling with them. Never trusted them. I tried the H50s and so far, I love them. Slow parking lot riding, pulling into parking spaces and fuel stops are night and day differences for me. Totally new ride for me! I hope they, now, last the same mileage as the AEs!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
I had AEs on for 9-10k miles and I never had a good feeling with them. Never trusted them. I tried the H50s and so far, I love them. Slow parking lot riding, pulling into parking spaces and fuel stops are night and day differences for me. Totally new ride for me! I hope they, now, last the same mileage as the AEs!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Thanks for that update, Dan.
I think I will be trying a set of H50's when my Avon Chrome's need replacing.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Thanks for that update, Dan.
I think I will be trying a set of H50's when my Avon Chrome's need replacing.
Mike U.
No prob.

I want to see / hear what everybody else that put these on ahead of me are seeing for mileage. I really like them so far and dont want to have to replace tires every 3 - 4k....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So I missed my appointment. Ain’t trucking fun? 🤣 Dealers are booked up tomorrow but my tire shop where I got the Michelin’s is open. They carry AEs and Cruisetecs. I guess the Metzlers are made in China. Boo. So I may end up with AEs after all. Better then what I have now that’s for sure.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
So I missed my appointment. Ain’t trucking fun? 🤣 Dealers are booked up tomorrow but my tire shop where I got the Michelin’s is open. They carry AEs and Cruisetecs. I guess the Metzlers are made in China. Boo. So I may end up with AEs after all. Better then what I have now that’s for sure.
Are they going to warranty the Michelins for you?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This is what my buddy says about the AEs
“Not super happy with the AE’s. They feel slightly less firmly planted in turns. And not as smooth crossing gaps between lanes.”

21 - 40 of 55 Posts