Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole reason for joining this forum was in preparation for this conversion. In the process I have learned this is quite possibly the best forum on the web with some of the greatest people on the web.

I spent the fall gathering parts and while the temptation to start then was high, I wanted to wait until my riding season was over. With over a foot of snow and ice covered roads, my riding season for 2019 is over. Thanks to the people here on the forum, I was able to score most of the parts needed for the conversion minimizing the need to order from the dealers.

My goal is to have mocked up by end of next week so the fairing can go to painter over the holiday shut down at work.

The setup:

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disassembly Continued

Got main interconnect harness all out and radio & speakers out.
Not too bad I felt for a little over an hour's work.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Congrats berndt, that's quite a Project You have going on in Your New Shop.
Have fun and enjoy it.
If You have any questions along the way make sure to ask them.
Plenty of knowledgeable and helpful Members here on The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Best of Luck Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Can't wait to see more pictures of your progress. Anybody can buy a Shark, but it takes a special kind of crazy to BUILD one!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't wait to see more pictures of your progress. Anybody can buy a Shark, but it takes a special kind of crazy to BUILD one!
I wouldn't say crazy, just thrifty? that and my wife won't let me buy another bike.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need some insolation,drywall and heat in there .
Roof is insulated, part of the walls are insulated and there is heat.

Was working in there last night comfortably jeans and sweatshirt after I finished snow blowing again.
Heater will get building up to 55* from 30* in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big project, it's going to be fun watching your build, thanks for sharing.

Another member did this swap last winter and did a great job documenting, just in case you get stuck.

I guess he already jumped in! Not exactly the same but in the ballpark.

https://www.roadglide.org/29-do-yourself/375027-2015-street-glide-special-road-glide-special-conversion-project.html
JM’s build was one of the threads that drew me in here...

Not much for progress tonight other than removal of clutch side controls. Good news is I can reuse my grips.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or issues. I definitely learned a lot. Take your time and double check everything. I referred to the blown up schematics and youtube often. Also used loctite thread locker and setting torque specs on bolts when manual called for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or issues. I definitely learned a lot. Take your time and double check everything. I referred to the blown up schematics and youtube often. Also used loctite thread locker and setting torque specs on bolts when manual called for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate the offer JM. I took the parts schematic and blew them up and printed them on the plotter printer. That's what's stapled to the walls in the background of a couple pictures.

And Thank You everyone for the words of encouragement. I've been pretty excited about the project for the past couple months.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts