Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

I am close to pulling the trigger on a new seat from C&C.

I have the style and pattern picked.

Two types ostrich with smooth accent bands.
CVO inlay tuck with diamond stitch.

The seat will be black.

Where I am stuck is the stitch color. I don’t have a good eye for this type of thing.

The bike is Olive gold.

Any thoughts or suggestion would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,
Link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Good morning all,

The seat will be black.

Where I am stuck is the stitch color. I don’t have a good eye for this type of thing.

The bike is Olive gold.

Thanks,
Link

Olive Stitching Would Really Tie It All Together IMO

Swomack

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Good morning all,

The seat will be black.

The bike is Olive gold.

Thanks,
Link

What are the options? Like Swomack said, matching the bike would look great if that's an option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if link will work...

50 to choose from. I was thinking in no particular order.

Dark olive
Light olive
Gold /Gold family
Maybe the Chestnut?

Just really not good with this color thing. And it’s a buy once cry once kinda deal too! If ya catch my drift

https://www.ccseats.com/all-threads.html

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Dark Olive For Sure

Not sure if link will work...

50 to choose from. I was thinking in no particular order.

Dark olive
Light olive
Gold /Gold family
Maybe the Chestnut?

Just really not good with this color thing. And it’s a buy once cry once kinda deal too! If ya catch my drift

https://www.ccseats.com/all-threads.html

I would go dark olive if it were my sled.

Subtle Looks Best IMO.

Swomack

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've been looking at their seats too. I've been leaning towards the dark olive. One thing to consider that I've been thinking about. If you end up loving the seat, it's probably not going to match the next bike you want to put it on. If you hate the seat, the market to sell it will be small. Just my 2c

Reactions: 2stangs8689

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think you'll be happy with your C&C seat. It took them 3 times to get mine right, but their customer service was good and fair.

One thing to watch out for. The C&C seat I have is the wide solo and it has a square nose instead of the rounded nose found on most other seats. If they don't get the seat pan perfectly squared off, or if the seat doesn't align properly on your bike you get this;

Attachments

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I returned that seat and they reworked it, but the second seat came back and it was pretty bad. However, again I want to stress that their customer service was great (talked to the owner several times) and they footed the bill back and forth from the first seat to the third. I've been happy with the 3rd seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you'll be happy with your C&C seat. It took them 3 times to get mine right, but their customer service was good and fair.

One thing to watch out for. The C&C seat I have is the wide solo and it has a square nose instead of the rounded nose found on most other seats. If they don't get the seat pan perfectly squared off, or if the seat doesn't align properly on your bike you get this;

That would drive me bat shit crazy... it’s good to hear they stand behind what they sell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been looking at their seats too. I've been leaning towards the dark olive. One thing to consider that I've been thinking about. If you end up loving the seat, it's probably not going to match the next bike you want to put it on. If you hate the seat, the market to sell it will be small. Just my 2c

Yeah, good points... thank you

·
Registered
154 Posts

Dude, did you really just give us a crotch shot....... JK.

Good to know though, would have never thought that would be something to look out for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chestnut gives it a contrast and still blends in. Dark Olive if you want a closer match to bike. I lean towards the Chestnut.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That would drive me bat shit crazy... it’s good to hear they stand behind what they sell.

My story wasn't quite so good, got called a liar and sent pics of the seat were obviously not the one they sent me. If you search my username and c&c I bet you can find the thread. If not, it won't my feelings either. Just a heads up but I do not currently have a c&c seat unfortunatley.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
...CVO inlay tuck with diamond stitch. The seat will be black. Where I am stuck is the stitch color. I don’t have a good eye for this type of thing. The bike is Olive gold.

Thanks,
Link
Hi Bluto :D - I mean, Link!
Here is my 2 cents. Go with the classic H-D style and colors not "pimp my ride" ;)
The Olive color is found on the 1920s Harley combined with red stripes, and the seat was tan. The same color combo, olive & tan, is present at the WLA - the WWII classic. So here are my suggestions:
- White
- Tobaggon
- Chestnut
- Sunflower
- Cardinal
I would not choose the olive stiching - think contrast, not close to... But, hey, it's your bike and your money! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I bailed on C & C

Went with mustang

Didn’t feel good about spending $1300 and seeing some of the reviews and pictures

·
Registered
4,833 Posts

Yep, I was waiting for Stormy Daniels to show up that morning :)
I was going to let it go but.... Will they make one in that red plaid??? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts