Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is running C&C solo w/backrest and passenger pillion? I see Corbin has a pretty big following, just having trouble stomaching the cost of a solo, passenger pillion, and backrest being 1000+, while I was quoted 600 from Chuck at C&C.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Ive had a few C&C seats on other bikes, but prefer Danny Gray's quality. And their price isnt bad when looking on ebay. I paid $530 for my $700+ Airhawk Weekday new off ebay.

· Registered
852 Posts
I originally bought my C&C fastback in 2009 for my Streetglide and then switched it to the Roadglide in 2013. The seat has a total of about 110,000 miles in those years. It still looks great and is still comfortable. I do have the backrest that I use on longer trips. I give it a wipe down with Sno seal about twice a year.

· Administrator
3,171 Posts
I run a C & C solo with the backrest too. I've got over 60,000 on it and it still looks and feels as good as ever. I've ridden 15 hour days with it and I can tell you my butt is not the body part that screams. Very happy and would buy from them again in a minute. Plus, Chuy (the other "C") rides a roadie. Sorry, can't help you with any experience regarding the passenger pillion.

· Registered
2,104 Posts
I've had a leather C&C Squareback on my Night Train for about 7 years. It looks like it's new, and is comfortable enough that I've ridden the bike (which is lowered) from MD to Maine and back in a 3-day weekend, and from MD to Kentucky over a 4-day. It's crazy how comfortable it is.

With that said, I won't deal with the company again. I ordered one of their "new" touring seats in 2010 for my FLHTK. Try as I might, I couldn't get it mounted. Turns out they sent me a FLHX seat (didn't have the cutouts for the rear bag guards). I sent them pictures and called them to see about switching it out. I never raised my voice (because I was a happy customer and loved the seat on my Night Train), and was completely respectful with Chuck. Chuck can't say the same thing. After telling me that maybe I should take the bike to the dealer and have them mount the seat, he hung up on me when I pointed out the lack of cutouts for the bar. I called him back, told him that it wasn't a big deal, I just wanted to exchange the seat for the correct one. His response was, "everyone removes the rear bag guards." I politely told him that I wasn't going to do that. 20 minutes later I had a UPS return tag in my email, and about a month later they got around to refunding my money.

It's a shame, because their seats are great, but I'll be damned if I'll give them another dime of my money.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. Sucks you didn't have a good experience with the customer service from C&C. I'm running a C&C seat on my Deluxe at the moment, and I love how it looks, but its not meant for long rides (300 miles+) And I think part of it is because I had gel added. So this time around it will be with no gel on whatever seat I decide.

Here is my current C&C

· Registered
83 Posts
Bought one last year nice lookin seat, I couldn't ride w it for more than an hour and a half. Killed me. I went Corbin and perfect seems to suit me / Only 400 miles on it so far, time will tell. Everyone I spoke w that has one says they love em.

· Registered
2,334 Posts
I've had a leather C&C Squareback on my Night Train for about 7 years. It looks like it's new, and is comfortable enough that I've ridden the bike (which is lowered) from MD to Maine and back in a 3-day weekend, and from MD to Kentucky over a 4-day. It's crazy how comfortable it is.

With that said, I won't deal with the company again. I ordered one of their "new" touring seats in 2010 for my FLHTK. Try as I might, I couldn't get it mounted. Turns out they sent me a FLHX seat (didn't have the cutouts for the rear bag guards). I sent them pictures and called them to see about switching it out. I never raised my voice (because I was a happy customer and loved the seat on my Night Train), and was completely respectful with Chuck. Chuck can't say the same thing. After telling me that maybe I should take the bike to the dealer and have them mount the seat, he hung up on me when I pointed out the lack of cutouts for the bar. I called him back, told him that it wasn't a big deal, I just wanted to exchange the seat for the correct one. His response was, "everyone removes the rear bag guards." I politely told him that I wasn't going to do that. 20 minutes later I had a UPS return tag in my email, and about a month later they got around to refunding my money.

It's a shame, because their seats are great, but I'll be damned if I'll give them another dime of my money.
I had similar experience when dealing with them when they shipped my seat to the wrong address twice then tried to blame it on me. But i digress...

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Bought one last year nice lookin seat, I couldn't ride w it for more than an hour and a half. Killed me. I went Corbin and perfect seems to suit me / Only 400 miles on it so far, time will tell. Everyone I spoke w that has one says they love em.
Their leather seats do kinda suck. Had the same experience.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Ended up going with the Corbin Classic Solo and passenger touring pillion. Ended up ordering from Rebecca up at Tri-County Harley and got 20% off!! Can't say enough about how helpful she was. How just gotta wait until it comes in. Staff | Tri-County Harley-Davidson® | Fairfield Ohio

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do!! I'm planning on running to the Kansas state line on April 1st from central Arkansas. Should be about 670 miles or so roundtrip. I'll make sure to post a review on the 2nd.

· Registered
108 Posts
Corbin seats prices are not for the faint at heart because they are expensive, but with that being said, you get what you pay for. Their pricing includes custom fitting the seat to the individual person's back side if you use their ride-in program and their products include a life time warranty on the seat pan and foam padding. I purchased the touring seat for mine within the first 6 months of owning the bike, couldn't be happier on long rides.

I know that some of you folks can't take advantage of this program due to logistics, but it would definitely be worth taking a road trip to have your seat tailored to your butt if you decide to go with the Corbin. That's where the real advantage is for having a Corbin is that is is built for your butt specifically.

I had them custom build my tour pak back rest to look like the 2014+ year king tour packs instead of that crappy looking short back rest that stops at the bottom of the arm rest. The stealership said that the 2014+ years application wouldn't work on my king tour pak due it being slanted, but Corbin tech's were able to come up with a solution to accommodate the slant and come up with the look that I wanted. This was also the first pre 2014 tour pak that they had done this to and I've received nothing but complements everywhere the wife and I ride since having it installed a few weeks ago.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.