Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the C&C wide solo last week, it arrived 8 days later, awesome! Unfortunately it doesn't fit. I am not going to totally blame them since I have a bad dad rear fender, but it never crossed my mind to ask. Chuck mentioned after calling that his newer guy doesn't always ask about after market fenders but he always does.... Well, that sucks but it appears we both missed the chance to get it right the first go around. He did say he hoped I could find a way to make it work and ride it to make sure I liked it before sending back to be reworked. I can appreciate that.

The front of the seat is off center, just like I have heard from others online. When I asked the guy on the phone about this, he said they test fit them and send you pictures before sending the seat. Unfortunately that didn't happen. The front looks flat, like an afterthought, I sure hope they can address this.

I did order the wide solo, but it seems too wide. The bag lids hit the seat on right side every time they are opened. The left side is the same unless you open them very slowly. It seems like I am going to end up with marred bag lids and marks on the seat if not thin spots or holes down the road.

So, besides these issues, is the seat worth messing with? They seem to be interested in making this right. I am keeping a positive attitude about this whole deal, but $650 later for a solo seat (gel) and backrest, I am second guessing my choice. My goal was to find a very comfortable solo seat with backrest that was fairly low profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
WOW! I would not be happy with that seat at all. My cheap $200.00 LePera fits perfect even with aftermarket fender, bags and side covers.

I guess they test fit seats on stock bikes, new stretched fenders and bags's can change thing's up a bit.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just my opinion, but if they're willing to make it right, and for the cash you've spent, I'd let them make it right. There was obviously a break down in communication, which happens. If you haven't done so already, I'd send them the pics of what the problems are so they know exactly what the problem is and what they need to fix.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Just my opinion, but if they're willing to make it right, and for the cash you've spent, I'd let them make it right. There was obviously a break down in communication, which happens. If you haven't done so already, I'd send them the pics of what the problems are so they know exactly what the problem is and what they need to fix.

Lil Chief
Exactly this. And if the redone seat is off. I'd ask for a refund.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Lil Chief
I sent detailed pics and plan to use chalk to mark the areas on the rear that will need to be cut down to fit the fender. I will also try to figure out a way to send them some sort of carboard or foam profile. I want to do everything I can to make it successful, but there is this voice in the back of my head that needed some reassurance that this seat is worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found another problem when I pulled the seat off. Apparently the seat pan is slightly too long, it cut through the bottom side of the carpet and put a scratch/ small dent in my tank. Chuck sent me an install video after talking on the phone and it showed the installer smacking the back of the seat pretty hard to make them fit. Well, I could never get the rear mounting stud to be centered in the slotted hole and I now know why, it was hitting the tank at the front.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Picture of the front.
This picture of the poor fit (not just being off center) of the Seat to the Tank / Dash got me looking at the C&C Website,,, All the C&C Seat to Tank / Dash Fitments look very poor compared to Corbin or LePera or the Factory Seat on my '05 for that matter...

I'm sorry for your loss...

Reactions: James

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This picture of the poor fit (not just being off center) of the Seat to the Tank / Dash got me looking at the C&C Website,,, All the C&C Seat to Tank / Dash Fitments look very poor compared to Corbin or LePera or the Factory Seat on my '05 for that matter...

I'm sorry for your loss...
I agree, I went back to their site after seeing mine out of the box. I should have looked closer but the flash pictures with no ability to stop the pictures or zoom in, is almost deceiving.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a wide solo and have no problems like you are. It appears to me the seat pan may have too much bend / curvature on the back and that would make it sit high about the rear mount.

If you PM me your email I will send you my pics.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have a wide solo and have no problems like you are. It appears to me the seat pan may have too much bend / curvature on the back and that would make it sit high about the rear mount.

If you PM me your email I will send you my pics.
Thanks Ed! At this point the the seat is going back. They suddenly came up with some pictures of the seat that shows the front fitting nice and the corners rounded with nice edges. These were the pictures I was supposed to get before the seat shipped.

If you don't mind giving me your honest opinion, do you think this is the same seat that I posted earlier in the thread?

The pics don't want to load, I will get them going soon.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Ray Charles could see thays not the same seat. Damn.

Reactions: James

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, after the pictures of a different seat were sent to me, I had no interest in keeping the seat. Too many issues to deal with living in Kansas. If I could ride there and have them fit it to my bike, I would have it fixed.

I sent another email explaining all the issues and offered to pay one of the shipping charges since I failed to mention the aftermarket fender. The other 3 issues were on c&c though. They agreed to a full refund. Everyone stayed cordial and ended this experience without to much of an issue.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Well, after the pictures of a different seat were sent to me, I had no interest in keeping the seat. Too many issues to deal with living in Kansas. If I could ride there and have them fit it to my bike, I would have it fixed.

I sent another email explaining all the issues and offered to pay one of the shipping charges since I failed to mention the aftermarket fender. The other 3 issues were on c&c though. They agreed to a full refund. Everyone stayed cordial and ended this experience without to much of an issue.
I've given up on some aftermarket items. Seats being one of them. The 2 most comfortable seats I have ever had. Are Harley seats. The Hammock and the Touring solo low. Pictures in my signature.

Glad it ended well.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've given up on some aftermarket items. Seats being one of them. The 2 most comfortable seats I have ever had. Are Harley seats. The Hammock and the Touring solo low. Pictures in my signature.

Glad it ended well.
Thanks! I do like that solo seat but they don't have provisions for a backrest.

I think I am going to try the lepera outcast next.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I had the same exact front nose alignment and rear mounting bracket issues as you did, and I'm on a stock fender. I contacted C&C and they agreed to make it right, so I returned the first seat.

They attempted to rework seat #1 and returned it to me. Their rework consisted of drilling out the rivets on the original mounting points and re-affixing the brackets. The also sent me pictures that looked like my seat on one of their mule bikes and I'll have to admit it looked OK. Seat #1 returned to me. After inspection I noted the piss-poor jerry rigged solutions to my original complaint and also they managed to severely crease the leather cover while they were jacking with it. I contacted C&C yet again and told them how unhappy I was with the reworked product that they returned to me.

At this point I'm without a workable seat almost a month after paying for it. They suggested that they would fix the same seat yet again and return it. I insisted on a completely new seat, that fit as intended and had the quality I expected based on the amount of money that I paid for it. At this point I blow up their FB page and things get interesting pretty quickly. In no time at all they agree to cross ship a brand new seat and provide a pre-paid shipping label to send seat #1 back to them.

Seat #2 received approximately six weeks from my original purchase date. Back of seat alignment is better, but nose of seat still doesn't line up with my console. At least the leather cover and stitching is near perfect. I've kept seat #2 because I was out of patience and the C&C seat is the only one wide enough up front to cover the scuff marks in my denim black paint caused by the OEM seat. I tried 3 other seats that quality wise were much better than the C&C but all of them left the scuff marks on my tank exposed. So it was either suck it up and paint the tank (again) or "settle" for some middle ground.

My C&C wide solo is comfortable and the wife tolerates the passenger pillon. But if I had to do it all over again I'd probably just have my tank repainted and then put on the Harley Low Profile touring or old style Harley CVO seat. I personally can't recommend C&C because of the issues I had and length of time between first payment and finally settling for a seat that is only 1/2 as nice as what I wanted and I expected.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks Ed! At this point the the seat is going back. They suddenly came up with some pictures of the seat that shows the front fitting nice and the corners rounded with nice edges. These were the pictures I was supposed to get before the seat shipped.

If you don't mind giving me your honest opinion, do you think this is the same seat that I posted earlier in the thread?

The pics don't want to load, I will get them going soon.
IMO...nope. My seat is leather with embossed alligator. It is tucked tight with no wrinkles. Those are not the same seats.

I have no complaints about C&C and would buy another seat from them. I would say that your seat slipped through their quality control, what ever that would be.

The main thing is they took care of you. I have used Le Pera in the past and their quality is great too. I went with C&C because of the style and the seat drops you and moves you back.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts