Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I just installed 16" HCC Apes on my 2007 RG. Everything seemed to go well, but now I'm having a little trouble with the cruise control.

The first time I rode it with the new bars the cruise worked for about a second before shutting off. Happened a few times and now it seems like it just won't 'set.'

I am getting power to cruise (nacelle light and speedo light works) but I cannot 'set' the cruise at highway speeds. My first thought was the break switches, but they seem to be working properly and I followed the cardboard trick in the manual.

The only thing I didn't do was use an Olmmeter to adjust the idle cable. I tried to adjust everything the correct way but does anybody have experience adjusting the throttle and idle cables on a model with cruise?? I am wondering if the 'roll off' throttle switch is deactivating the cruise.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey All, I just installed 16" HCC Apes on my 2007 RG. Everything seemed to go well, but now I'm having a little trouble with the cruise control.

The first time I rode it with the new bars the cruise worked for about a second before shutting off. Happened a few times and now it seems like it just won't 'set.'

I am getting power to cruise (nacelle light and speedo light works) but I cannot 'set' the cruise at highway speeds. My first thought was the break switches, but they seem to be working properly and I followed the cardboard trick in the manual.

The only thing I didn't do was use an Olmmeter to adjust the idle cable. I tried to adjust everything the correct way but does anybody have experience adjusting the throttle and idle cables on a model with cruise?? I am wondering if the 'roll off' throttle switch is deactivating the cruise.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
At least you got new cables with the switch. :)

As I recall, there's no trick to adjusting them. I don't remember using a meter when I installed mine a couple of years ago, but I've slept since then and could be wrong. Seems like they work just like non-cruise cables. But if you think it's the rolloff switch, just take it for a ride with it unplugged.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
There is a "reset" procedure for the cruise......to take the slack out of the line, I've had to do it on all earlier (cabled) bikes after swapping throttle/idle cables. It's quick and painless, when I get back this afternoon I'll post it up if someone hasn't beat me to it by then

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Check to see if your brake light is on constantly. If it is you broke the switch at the brake lever. Cruise won't set if brake light is on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoneBlack, I did try the 'cruise lash initialization' procedure, by holding the 'set/resume' switch on resume while you start the bike; but the speedo light never turns to green or flashes off like the manual says it will..........

Tomorrow I will unplug the rolloff switch and see if that fixes the problem.

I also read that the 'set/resume' switch can be damaged? anybody else hear of this??? I don't think it got bumped during the install.

Thanks for the help fellas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts