Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys my OEM Monkey bars should be here this week still have some stuff to get before I put them on. I need to know what length clutch and brake line to get. The guy that is helping me said to get plus 2 over stock does that sound right? Also do they make a wire extension kit? I know I've read threads that say you don't need to change anything but the guy helping me says I need to so I'm going with the magnum black pearl cables plus I still need mirrors and grips. Any suggestions or input. Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
cables

If you want to run everything like stock,close to the bars, then wait till you have the new bars,leave the old cables still connected on the bottom end and put the new bars on. Adjust to where you want them,run old cables where you want to run them and measure how much you have to add to fit. Order new if you have to. Take pictures before you take anything apart.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok guys my OEM Monkey bars should be here this week still have some stuff to get before I put them on. I need to know what length clutch and brake line to get. The guy that is helping me said to get plus 2 over stock does that sound right? Also do they make a wire extension kit? I know I've read threads that say you don't need to change anything but the guy helping me says I need to so I'm going with the magnum black pearl cables plus I still need mirrors and grips. Any suggestions or input. Thanks
Here's a link to the wire extension kit. I've read a lot of the guys use this set up when extending the wires. I'm going to use it with my 14" Malo bars. Also going to run the magnum black pearl as well. Once I get my bars, I'll do a mock up and then get the correct measurement for extended clutch and brake lines. Hope it goes good, buddy!!

http://www.easternperformance.com/brands.php?brand=Guerilla-Cables-

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heritage bars with stock cables I was thinking plus 2 inches for 12 inch bars. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a link to the wire extension kit. I've read a lot of the guys use this set up when extending the wires. I'm going to use it with my 14" Malo bars. Also going to run the magnum black pearl as well. Once I get my bars, I'll do a mock up and then get the correct measurement for extended clutch and brake lines. Hope it goes good, buddy!!

http://www.easternperformance.com/brands.php?brand=Guerilla-Cables-
Thanks for the link. that's what I was looking for

·
Registered
483 Posts
Was looking at cables on eastern performance... those are more expensive that I was thinking they would be! Holy crap!

Is $300 to replace both clutch and break sound about right? I think I'm going to take Staush's advice and install and mock up and see if I need to replace and by how much.

Just ordered 12" bars so I'm on the fence of having to replace or not. Seems like a lot of guys are running 12" with stock cables but I don't want it to look funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts