Road Glide banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the correct cables for my new handlebars, but have a question. The extended hydraulic clutch cable came with a very small rubber o-ring. Where is the o-ring supposed to go?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it figured out. Evidently there has been some issues with the type of hydraulic cable HD used on the clutches. When you purchase a new cable, longer or otherwise, it's a little different style of cable and it comes with an 0-ring that goes into the side of the transmission.

Got everything put together, clutch and brakes bled, and all is good! I have pics of different stuff so will post another thread in the next few days with pics and thoughts on how this project went. Maybe I can save somebody else some grief when they go to do theirs and are changing out wires and cables.

As a side note, I wish I would have went with 16" bars rather than 14"s.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Got it figured out. Evidently there has been some issues with the type of hydraulic cable HD used on the clutches. When you purchase a new cable, longer or otherwise, it's a little different style of cable and it comes with an 0-ring that goes into the side of the transmission.

Got everything put together, clutch and brakes bled, and all is good! I have pics of different stuff so will post another thread in the next few days with pics and thoughts on how this project went. Maybe I can save somebody else some grief when they go to do theirs and are changing out wires and cables.

As a side note, I wish I would have went with 16" bars rather than 14"s.
I look forward to your post on how thing went and some pics. I am still thinking about changing my bars.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard so many people say that about initially getting 14" bars..
This is my 3rd set of these exact bars, but oddly they feel a little short on this bike. The project is all finished now so hopefully a can get through a write-up about the project tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.