Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres what I started with. '01 FLTRI, S&S 510G cams, Thunderheader, Terry Components FI controller w/28,xxx mi. for $8k.

Been adding over the past few weeks, hopin' to get it done by Mrch 6 for a ride to the March Meet in Bakersfield.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Nice, how does she run?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Speaker grills from Charisma

Clarion head unit installed with Hawg Wired install kit

Powder coated cam/trans/solenoid covers with brass fasteners

Powder coated primary with brass fasteners

JL C-2's mounted with Arc Audio adaptor rings

It's starting to come together, waitin' on a few more parts including front wheel. Gotta get it out in the sun for better pics.

I'm havin' fun now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Caboverbob,

I tried to reply to your PM but it is saying that you are full. It looks like you found a way to load pics the way you wanted.

What I do is upload my pics to Photobucket, which is one of those online picture archive websites. Photobucket makes it easy to share photos on the web.

Once I have my pictures in Photobucket, then the photobucket gives you an IMG code for each picture you upload. All I do is copy the IMG code for the picture I want from photobucket and paste it in the message part of the thread or reply in Roadglide.org.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I'd throw in some pics of the last bike now that I figured out how to do it.

You know what they say.....once you try black you never go back. RG will eventually get a coat of the black stuff as well.

Thanks for lookin' and puttin' up with me, I'm havin' a good time !

·
Registered
576 Posts
Once you get everything together, you have to let us know how you like the speakers...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saddlebag lids came back from Sidecar Cycles a few days ago. Grill cloth will match when we douche the bike in black, 'til then I'll survive. Nice solid mounting system inside for 6.5" speakers.

Bag latches from JH Choppers. A special thanks to JayKS for spending my $$$ on these suckers ! He also did an ignition switch cover with the "G" on it, pics soon.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new super discount EBay shift linkage, Still lookin' for brass Heim joints for linkage.

JL Audio included these little suckers with speakers, so I felt compelled to stick 'em somewhere. Brass bar caps came with Road 6 Customs bars.

The rear end is a little messy, but what're ya gonna do. Had to cover them holes, still waitin' for tip light lens from PCPain

The cokpit. Road 6 bars, PC'ed dask, Clarion head unit, Avon grips

Still...havin' fun

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, it's ad ducting. Had another breakout of that retard strength and screwed up my newly PC'd calipers. Sittin here in SJ waitin to buy some stockers to get it on the road. Get the new custom floorboards tomorrow. New front wheel shipped today from Kentucky.

Gotta get it together quickly, ridin to Bakersfield March Meet next Friday for 3 days of nostalgia funny cars and front engine top fuel dragsters.

Peace

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pickin' up the new floorboards tomorrow, powder coater Monday, should have 'em back by Wednesday.

Wheel/rotor/tire should be delivered Tuesday.

Got an almost new pair of rotors yesterday.

Puttin' on some knick knacks and doo-dads over the weekend, ready to ride next week some time.

GB, thanks for the props on that other thread. Now I need one o' them frame filler panels with a big titty mud flap girl and it's on !

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Look at you with your own build thread :D I missed it some how.....

The brass bolts in person are bad ass ;) get some pictures of the wheel when that sucker gets in, oh, and quick breaking shit SMH :eek: LOL

BTW, who doesn't love some big tired girls.......goes together like a cold beer and dead hookers :p

I may be headed out to Stockton tomorrow, if I do I'll give you a call and swing by......Keep up the good work and hope for dry weather!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gimme a holla, I gotta go to Novato to pick up the boards around 9:00, then I'll be in back workin' on it. Gates open.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the pipe wrapped and installed today, fired it up and to my surprise it fired up right away.

Floorboards goin to powder coat Monday, should get 'em back and installed Wednesday

Had to buy some used calipers after I screwed up my freshly powder coated ones, these will get PC'ed next winter. Toby is my best helper, he never gives me any shit or drinks any of my beer

Back side of the Sidecar Cycles 6.5" speaker mount inside the lids

1 - 20 of 45 Posts