Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these mufflers a little less than 2 years. I`m not asking for new mufflers, all I want is to be able to replace the tips.If I can buy them and replace them myself I am up for that. I have used the Purple chrome polish that is sold through the local Harley dealer here. This is only happening with the left pipe so far. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Attachments

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Contact Drew at Hogpro. He's a sponsor here and sells CFR pipes. He may be able to help.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Call Cary At CFR

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have to call them direct. Mine are starting to do it too. If can't get anywhere I'll shoot the insides with high heat black

·
Registered
2021 RGS
573 Posts
Mine have started as well, double fluted chrome. I have contacted them and they will replace the tips. Here's the catch, they need the pipes and it's a week or two turnaround. I don't have pipes laying around so that means no bike for two weeks. Some crap about the rivet and connection method.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing. I emailed CFR awhile back. They had me send images of my pipes and said they would replace them. You just have to send your pipes back to have them done.

They never did give me a time frame however.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yup mine are doing it too, just not sure if I want to deal with sending them out and having them gone for a few week!! Just sucks, sorry to hear about everyones problems. If they didn't sound so great I would just get rid of them.

·
Registered
2021 RGS
573 Posts
I was thinking of trying to find a cheap set of the knock offs to use while they are out for repair.

·
Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,595 Posts
Mine did that shortly after I got them but not on the outside like yours I didn't want to mess with calling them so I painted the inside black. I also drilled out my rivets and pulled the tips off so I could pull out some of the packing to make them louder. I just taped the holes with a 1/4 inch tap and put Allen head bolts back in to hold them on and it works good

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
They need to find a good plating shop. They cost way too much money, to have that happen. Good luck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm wondering how they would look painted or coated BBP to match my bike!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cat Mech

How do you like the sound they produce as I am considering getting this brand for my 2015 but have yet to hear any in person.

Thanks
I love the sound of these mufflers. Deep and throaty not obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
That might be cool. I'm thinking the Silver powder coating.
Send them to Jet Hot and have them silver ceramic coated,i had the Thunderheader on my 01 RG done,had that pipe for 11 years never flaked or peeled always looked good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts