Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am riding in a benefit ride next Saturday, April 13 and wanted to pass the information along to you all. If you're available, please try to make it out. Here is the description from the Facebook page regarding the ride, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. The ride is in Bowdon, GA (about 5 miles from the AL state line 10 miles south of I-20)

McIntyre Lumber Company and Smokin Pig will be sponsoring a motorcycle ride and bbq to benefit Gracie Stephens. Gracie is a 10 year old student at Bowdon Elementary. She has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy at Children's Healthcare at Scottish Rite. All proceeds from the Motorcycle Ride and BBQ will be donated to Gracie and her family to help with the expense of her treatments.

The ride will begin at Kids Zone in Bowdon and go North on Highway 100 to Tallapoosa. Then the route will continue up Highway 100 to Highway 78 and turn East traveling to Temple. Once in Temple the ride will go South on Highway 113 to the Bypass around to Highway 166 then West on Highway 166 to Bowdon to the Smokin Pig Restaurant for BBQ Chips & Drink $6.00.

Smokin Pig will donate a portion of the proceeds to the beneifit for anyone from the community that comes in and makes a purchase from the restaurant between the hours of 12:00 - 2:00 PM. The BBQ Sandwich, Chips & Drink for $6.00 is also available to the public or you may purchase off the menu.

Registration time for the ride 9:00 - 10:00 AM
Pre-register by April 6, 2013 and recieve one free t-shirt.
Entry Fee: $20.00 / Bike $10.00 / Rider

ALL BIKES WELCOME!!

We will have a drawing for door prizes along with a 50/50 drawing.

For more information or to pre-resgister please call McIntyre Lumber at 770-258-3394

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know where Bowdon is ( I go to Rome and Villa Rica and Rockmart ) , so is kids zone on 27 ??

20 for the bike and ten for the rider ??

sorry not an FB'r

JtB
JTB - kids zone is just off Hwy 166 near the Hwy 100 intersection. It's behind the police station across the street from Wendy's.
It's $30 if you're 2up and only $20 if you're solo (the wording is a little tricky with how they wrote it)
I'm not sure how many bikes will be there, but it's for a great cause. Sure would like to see you out there and meet one of the "Ruling Council" of this great site.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Should be able to make it, I know where that Wendy's is, I eat there after my rides to Mt. Cheaha

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post a link to the FB page or post up the specifics (DTG, KS up, etc.)?
Should be able to make it, I know where that Wendy's is, I eat there after my rides to Mt. Cheaha
Sorry about that men. Here is the link to the Facebook event. Let me know if this doesn't work and let's keep in touch between now and then. I hope a lot of us are able to make it!!!

http://www.facebook.com/events/434670563276992/442277725849609/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

·
Registered
853 Posts
BTW.....got your email Jesse! Thanks! I'll let you know as I firm up plans! I live in Newnan, so it's an easy ride for me to attend and I'd sure like to help the little girl out....that sucks big time!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wish I could make this one.

Ride safe, raise some money and hold the girl and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW.....got your email Jesse! Thanks! I'll let you know as I firm up plans! I live in Newnan, so it's an easy ride for me to attend and I'd sure like to help the little girl out....that sucks big time!!!
DC-3 - Yeah....that's not far at all. It's a good ride from Newnan to Whitesburg then straight down Hwy 5 toward Bowdon. Some good roads back through there.
I hope you can make it, buddy. It'll be a good time. We'll all keep in touch between now and then and figure everything out as well as how we'll recognize each other

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Planning on being there with my bride. Prolly have 1 or 2 other folks along as well although sorry to say they won't be on RG's.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm out

she decided she wants to ride elsewhere

I'm wit' her

JtB
Completely understand, man. Next time then

Planning on being there with my bride. Prolly have 1 or 2 other folks along as well although sorry to say they won't be on RG's.
Ranger - glad to hear it. And it doesn't matter if they're riding a moped for this one! Haha! It's for a good cause.
I've got some pica of my bike in the build thread. BBP Ultra to Custom. Mine should be the only RG with a brown seat so you can spot me.
Again, really glad y'all can make it!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Completely understand, man. Next time then

Ranger - glad to hear it. And it doesn't matter if they're riding a moped for this one! Haha! It's for a good cause.
I've got some pica of my bike in the build thread. BBP Ultra to Custom. Mine should be the only RG with a brown seat so you can spot me.
Again, really glad y'all can make it!!!
Sweet. Mine will most likely be the only denim black Custom in Ultra mode. :D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts