Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered too many times but!!!!2013 roadglide Kustom-Thundermax Tuner---Rinehardt Slimline headpipes,-RC Components Mufflers-Ness Big sucker filter--..Weigh 190 , ride solo most of the time as wife has her own Dyna. Without pulling heads but change to the right cam, adjustable pushrods , and new S&S lifters would I gain that much? ride around like a normal person as my HOT ROD days are over, previous 95 was 112 hp and 114 torque but it is gone now...Looking for some additional UMP in 2500 up range, very seldom go close to 6000 anylonger. All replies welcome as well advice...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, it is worth it. Some of your cam choices like a bit more compression so you may need to at least pull the heads and install .030" head gaskets to help out. I don't think you really need to go to adjustable push rods though. If you are going with that big of cams you will likely need heads anyway.
Just my 2 cents. I'm sure some of the experts may have a different take on it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like your hot rod days are not over yet if they were you would leave it stock your 95 was a runner yOU know cams help a little but soon you will need head work and you know the rest of the story

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
If your 2013 still has the stock cams then it is worth installing a better cam. Stick with a low end /mid range torque cam because you will be happier with the results cams such as the Woods TW 222 or TW 555 or the T-man 555 torqster are a couple of good choices.
Also sticking with a cam that has .555 lift is a good choice because it is easier on the lifters and valve train and they are a quieter cams.
I would suggest going to adjustable pushrod because it make future lifter and cam chest maintenance easier.
You don't need to install a thinner head gasket or anything like that you can easily get 110 + ft lbs of torque out of these cams with a good tune.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Agreed, we just did a 2013 RG with Freedom 2/1 exhaust, heavy breather, S&S standard lifters and Andrews 57H cams. Here's the dyno tune pull.

Edit: the wiggly line is the clutch slipping a little. New spring after the pull took care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
I put the Andrews 57H cam along with Smith Brothers Adjustable Pushrods and Competition Cams VThunder Lifters in my 2012 RGC and couldn't be happier.
Bike runs great and is a real blast to ride.
Haven't had it dynoed but I have a Thundermax and will be playing around with the auto tune soon to see if it runs any better.
Best of luck on your choice.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Andrews 48's here. And they are worth every penny. About $225 shipped from DCP.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A lot of guys have put the cams in and were instantly satisfied. Sadly it just gave me the desire for more. I put the 57H cams in my 11 103 and paid for the head work. It was an increase in power but some folks have stated here if you want to go fast buy a fast bike. Harleys I have learned are relatively slow. After I put the cams and heads in I rode a 2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring model. It comes with a 140 cubic inch motor stock 100hp/120 lb of torque. I traded my roadglide without a second thought. The only thing I miss so far is the seat. The Harley had a nice road couch and it's the seat is the first thing I'm addressing on the rocket. Whenever I desire another 40 HP all I need do is download a program from the internet and buy a 20 dollar cable and I have my tuner. I love all motorcycles including Harleys but I feel like I've been taken advantage of after riding the rocket but it is what it is. Love and kisses bros. NORM

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Agreed, we just did a 2013 RG with Freedom 2/1 exhaust, heavy breather, S&S standard lifters and Andrews 57H cams. Here's the dyno tune pull.

Edit: the wiggly line is the clutch slipping a little. New spring after the pull took care of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is an impressive dyno. Im still on the fence between the 57H and the 777. Would the numbers be the same with the 777 but a different tq curve? What about fuel mileage between the two?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2011 Road Glide with the 103 power package. On the stock cam the bike was great rolling with little or no limitations. My problem was pulling off the line especially with a passenger. I felt it was to much effort for an engine that size. I went for the low range cam, the SE-255. Nothing short of pleased with the low end and the overall power band.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I have a 2011 Road Glide with the 103 power package. On the stock cam the bike was great rolling with little or no limitations. My problem was pulling off the line especially with a passenger. I felt it was to much effort for an engine that size. I went for the low range cam, the SE-255. Nothing short of pleased with the low end and the overall power band.
Last night my better half and I went to our local Bike Nite.

That was the first time throwing my two-up seat on and putting the razor pack on for my wife to enjoy the ride.

I just had the SE255 cams put in a couple weeks ago and this was the first time with my wife on the back seat.

The cams are great for solo or two-up riding IMO.

The cams are really a major upgrade from stock and I'm also very pleased.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Andrews 48's are the non-emission version, of the 255's.
They hit as hard, and they pull out farther.
57's thrive at 10.2 cr, and in a 107", with a Fatcat/our Stage II Heads/50mm throttle body, best we've seen is 113/124, in a clients bike from Livonia, NY.
Scott

·
Registered
956 Posts
I had a 110" with SE255 cams putting out 97bhp - 117Ft/lbs.
I swapped in the SE259e cams and it dyno'd at 113bhp - 123 Ft/lbs

Well worth it if you ask me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts