Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a set of cams for my 15. I am up in the air about this. Is it worth the money? I had a set in my 06 street glide but never really noticed a diff. Will I notice a big change with a cam install on the 15? I have heard that you don't have to do the cam in these cause it is already a good cam. As you cam tell I don't really know a lot about this stiff. Right now I have a set of headers and rhinehearts 4" mufflers and a heavy breather. Just looking for a little more rumble

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just put Andrews 57H cams in my 11. The difference is day and night. I had a street port done by Veetwin performance but I've heard the 15s do well without headwork using a .030 head gasket to bump the compression up a tad. This is the only cam I have run other than stock and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have a 12 with a Thunderheader,SE air cleaner and Fueling 574 cams and my sons 15 RG with gutted head pipe,RCX slipons and stock air cleaner runs right with me so if i had a Rushmore i wouldnt waste the money just a good exhaust and roll,but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yea you will feel the difference. Will increase to 100 hp and 110 TQ with the right cam and exhaust combo even with the new changes to the 103 no near gain to those numbers.
If is worth the $1100 to 1500 for the upgrade all depends on your riding style and like.
Biggest difference at highway speeds six gear is not responsive enough for quick passing often down shift to 5 specially loaded with gear and passenger. With a good cam six gear roll the throttle and go. :grinning:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cams

I agree with BigNorm, i have a 2012 Road Glide Custom with the Andrews 57H Cams also, Dyno'd at 98.7 HP and 115 lb ft tq. Before the cam install it was mid 70s for both.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Cams make a huge difference, but the most important aspect is getting the power in the RPM range you ride in, I am running feulings 525 reaper cams in my 2011 fltrx and I can tell you it pulls like you cant imagine, power comes on 1750 rpm to about 5000 rpm, but peaks in the 3500 range where I ride, so that is a big factor as well as what headpipe your running and muffler baffle size. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I run the stock cams in my 08 when it was a 96 inch engine and then I put a 103 big bore in the bike and I run the SE255 cams and then switched to the Woods TW222 cams.
Since then I installed a new 103 HO out of a 2015 bike and I can say that the stock cam is pretty darn good compared to the 2013 and earlier engines.
A aftermarket cam may give you a little bit more but I don't think the performance gain would be worth it on the 2014 and later touring models, now if you had a 2013 and earlier touring model I would say the cam is a must.
They claim that the 2014 and later stock cam will put out 105 ft lbs of torque and if you went with a aftermarket cam you may get 110 to 112 ft lbs of torque IMO that isn't that much of a performance gain.
I would wait until you have to go into the cam chest to do some maintenance work then do a cam swap if you want.
I have a brand new set of performance cams sitting here and I don't feel that I need them in my bike.

Reactions: sj01fltri
1 - 7 of 7 Posts