Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2015 RGS, wanting to do cams. Looking for bottom end power, from idle up to 4K'ish. looking for opinions, cams I have been hearing to get are Woods 222 or 555, Andrews57 and S&S 551. Anyone have good/bad experience with these, other suggestions welcome. I plan on replacing the cams, lifters, pushrods and bearings

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I put Drago’s 580 cams in my 2012 103” used his 2-1 pipe and TTS tuner:

105HP/115TQ

I was happy

Reactions: duglauraflht

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Woods 222. Andrews 48h. S&S 551. All 3 of these will work well for you. If you go with s&s. You will not need the "easy starts". Because you already have acr's.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I swear by Feulings cam, I run a 525 Reaper in my 2011 96 inch motor but for a 103 the 543 Reaper is a solid performer, but if you want under 4k many people I know have gotten excellent low end with the 525 in a 103, my go to cam, good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
I had the s&s 551's in my 12 RGC. They pull very well from 2-4k. They always left me wanting a little more. So many to pick from, I if I were doing it again I would pick the andrews 48 because it hangs on just a little longer to maybe 4500.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
All great cams choices and proven, but don't sleep on those Andrews Cams, solid torque monsters......comes on early and pulls like a freight train....Big fan of Andrews

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If you go with the S&S cams, use the eazy starts and turn the ACR's off. The easy start works a lot better than the ACR controlled by the ecm.
Turn off the ACR's? How do you do that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had 57H’s with +4 degree gear at the advice of Scott from hillside. I actually liked em quite a bit, I was told they come more alive at 10.2 cr but I never made it. I swapped to a cyclerama 520-2, it’s a little better down low but both were improvements over stock. As a straight bolt in I’d think the cr570-2 is the best going at the moment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have good exhaust, air cleaner, and a tuner (i.e. Power vision) I'd leave the stock cams in and save the money and work (and tuning time, and dyno cost/time) if I could go back in time. The Rushmore cam is actually really good. Wait until you increase the displacement or port the heads, then you will actually notice a difference. Ever heard of the placebo effect.... It's even worse when you just laid out 1500$. Nobody like to admit it wasn't worth it, but I will.

Ps I used the magical, life altering cyclerama 570-2.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
If you have good exhaust, air cleaner, and a tuner (i.e. Power vision) I'd leave the stock cams in and save the money and work (and tuning time, and dyno cost/time) if I could go back in time. The Rushmore cam is actually really good. Wait until you increase the displacement or port the heads, then you will actually notice a difference. Ever heard of the placebo effect.... It's even worse when you just laid out 1500$. Nobody like to admit it wasn't worth it, but I will.

Ps I used the magical, life altering cyclerama 570-2.
Some great insight in this post

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hands down Woods 222 and someone that knows how to tune it.
You bet.
I installed them after getting them online for $350 free shipping. A lot more money than Andrews 48 (second choice), but I found they made same power up to 4500 than the Rushmore HO cams, no diff. Kinda bummed at first ride actually.
Then after that until redline a noticeable increase in pull. I never shift past 4500 so the install was a lateral step.
I was running a canned map from FM. It ran “alright”, attempted a tune for $400 and it was crap. Back to canned sold soon after and stepped way up to a M8.
Very happy now that my bike is as smooth as my friends non-HD rides.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had the 255 in 110-a few friends put those in 103,seem happy,i put the Andrew 57 in 110-works well but should have gone a little more lift like woods tw7h-in the same torque range-had Andrews 54 in 103- it was ok-no problems with any of them.with the 110 the change to the 57 gave more power 3500 to 4500 rpm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts