Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,001 Posts
Other than a cam bearing puller there aren't any special tools needed you can use your old cam to drive the new cam bearings in with,as long as you have a good set of bolt cutters to remove the stock pushrods standard tools are all that is needed,you need a manual if you don't have one.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
haha yeah i know about shipping to canada. sold a few parts on this forum that were headed to canada...lost my shirt!

so for special tools...this is the list i'm compiling

- oil pump alignment
- inner cam bearing puller
- inner cam bearing installer
- cam chain tensioner tool

any others?
You dont need a oil pump aligment tool just follow the manual on how to align the oil pump,if you are working on a late model 103 you will not need a tensioner tool either,they simply bolt onto the cam plate,i would recommend the Axtel oil bleedoff upgrade kit,i just installed cams to mine and i installed the Axtel kit to mine.

· Registered
2,001 Posts
I had the same debate when I went with cams in my Glide. I had never done cams in a Twin Cam before so it had me asking the same question you are. Just do it yourself, learn something while you are at it and enjoy the huge smirk on your face when you ride it the first time and feel how your new cams just woke up your engine. I picked up the bearing installer/puller and cam/crank locking tool from Amazon made by a company called Heartland Tool. Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your cam project!
You are right about the cam lock tool,forgot about it.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.