Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cams were being done, mech replaced the tensioner. Its pretty bad after only 13k

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Damn, that certanly does not look good. Ahhh bit on the tight side! I just did my cams at 7500, she was nice and smooth but makes you wonder about others who do not replace their cams :confused:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a buddy with a SG w/ 32k on it. Never had cam chest open. He says it just moved up in the list of things to do

·
Registered
397 Posts
While cams were being done, mech replaced the tensioner. Its pretty bad after only 13k
It's bedding in,when the center section of the chain makes contact with tensioner the wear rate will slow down.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Did he measure your pinion runout, while he was in there. Don't know if there's any correlation with runout/shoe wear on the hydraulic tensioners. Maybe one of the builders whose seen hundreds of these things will chime in. My runout is about .0025", and at 25k miles, I just had shiny spots for shoe wear, virtually none.

BTW, looks like your 103"/48H combo turned out real nice....bet it's fun to ride now!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts