Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
What I want to know is how do you like the new tunes, and how do they compare to the set ups you had on your other Road Glides. This setup is something I might actually be able to do on my bike.

Do you think you will still be able to hear the tunes clearly with a stock shield, FF helmet, and ear plugs?

Hope you make it to Pattie's Run so I can hear the setup in person.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What I want to know is how do you like the new tunes, and how do they compare to the set ups you had on your other Road Glides. This setup is something I might actually be able to do on my bike.

Do you think you will still be able to hear the tunes clearly with a stock shield, FF helmet, and ear plugs?
The Tunes are amazing for only (2) Speakers and an Amp...ridiculous really

No idea on stock shield, FF Helmet and Ear Plugs as those are 3 things I don't use - I have ridden with my Skid Lid and Ear Plugs once before on my Heritage (back from Deadwood) with the BT Speaker and I could hear that little thing up to about 80MPH so guessing this thing would do just fine as well

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just gotta say, this is why I turn to you cats....for shot of honesty as I try and follow in your footsteps of "Cool Bikes" - I never would have considered the wrench aspect of a Shovel as I was still in that "Freshly Laid" feeling of finding this bike - Had Evos, TCs.....and one that I thought was the other.....and of course M8s so my next progression was to get a Shovel or a Pan to feel what they were "like to ride"....now I have to factor in the "like to own" aspect and if I want to deal with it...been toying with doing it and then forcing myself to learn......but also know my lazy side that kicks in after 17 mins and "just wants it done".......but I digress and push the internal dialogue aside
Makes sense and good that your honest with yourself. But remember, this would not be a daily rider. So you could learn to wrench on it at your leisure. All while riding the RG or the cage for that matter...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
setting points. or changing condensors. or fiddlin with the carb. or changing spark plugs every 6 months.
So everything you listed he has addressed and upgraded ......and more

I had to run back to the shop as my Tunes guy forgot to hook up my left front signal and I'll be damned if I am fucking with taking all that shit apart - So I see the Mechanic and see the Shovel....he laughs and says "I still need a few weeks or months man" and I explain why I am there and proceed to say that I don't think the bike is for me due to all the reasons you guys stated - He nods, agrees and says, "That is why all new, more reliable parts are installed and I got away from having to dick with........and he got all techie and I just looked at the Pin Up girl hanging in his bay over his shoulder and nodded with a few "Ahh, got it........Oh I see.......Cool Man" comments and tune back in when he states that he built this to be his DD as he wants a Shovel that was reliable with no typical Shovel problems ....and did not leak - He listed all sorts of shit that he changed out or rebuilt to "flow differently" regarding some Oil Thing or whatever.....who knows, the Pin Up Girl was a Red Head and I must have been in a mood....

Anyhow, I am still thinking of this...it was parked next to his '62 Pan and I asked about that and he smiled and did not even acknowledge my comment.....

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
I could point counter point this to death.....restore to me is bring back to life, restore life into something where it is lacking - FACTORY Restore means take back to Factory Form...."RESTO-MOD" all the rage these days, restore an old with all new...Yadda Yadda Yadda

If thats where the focus of this thread has gone and that one small word got directed, guys......go ride :)
No worries, no problem. I was just saying that the term restore, whether used for bikes or cars is recognized by those who make their living building, buying, or selling these vehicles, is typically defined as bringing the vehicles back to exacting factory specifications. I was trying to correct you Cuz, you can call it meatloaf for all I care, I was just saying that that was probably why there was some understanding. It'd be like someone saying that Smashing Pumpkins and Soundgarden were pop bands. lol

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
you can call it meatloaf for all I care,
....Ha - Read this and then barked the below to the OL who is literally in the Kitchen burning up dinner:

Anyhow...I learned more today that he did more of a Resto-Mod on the Motor with all the typical Shovel Pain Points...so I was off even without knowing I was off....from being off where you pointed out my offness (it makes sense)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
....Ha - Read this and then barked the below to the OL who is literally in the Kitchen burning up dinner:

Anyhow...I learned more today that he did more of a Resto-Mod on the Motor with all the typical Shovel Pain Points...so I was off even without knowing I was off....from being off where you pointed out my offness (it makes sense)
I don't know how you remember so many clips that you always have one for every occasion! You're clearly not medicating often enough!

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
yeah i wax nostalgic from time to time too...
and then i remember the late nights in bars and alleys trying to get that mudder fu*in bike to kick over and start.
or pushing it up and down the driveway until i have to sit down and catch my breath.
or setting points. or changing condensors. or fiddlin with the carb. or changing spark plugs every 6 months.

if i had my druthers, i'd buy an old pan, put it on one of those revolving turntables and just look at it!
Amen to that brother, I can't even begin to remember all those good buzz's I ruined in a bar parking lot trying to get the bike to start. Always had a brand new extra set of plugs on the bike and probably 3 old sets.....LOL

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
<snip>
.....and he got all techie and I just looked at the Pin Up girl hanging in his bay over his shoulder and nodded with a few "Ahh, got it........Oh I see.......Cool Man" comments and tune back in when he states that he built this to be his DD as he wants a Shovel that was reliable with no typical Shovel problems ....and did not leak - He listed all sorts of shit that he changed out or rebuilt to "flow differently" regarding some Oil Thing or whatever.....who knows, the Pin Up Girl was a Red Head and I must have been in a mood....

Anyhow, I am still thinking of this...it was parked next to his '62 Pan and I asked about that and he smiled and did not even acknowledge my comment.....
LMAO

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Like that shovel, but really like your FXR.
That fxr makes my d... O’never mind! Makes me want to strap a duffel bag on the back seat and just ride off into the sunset. OMG....that bike is a dream bike for me!!! Arrggg

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Is that at Heritage HD? The building looks familiar.
It is .....been goring there for my bikes since my 1st HD back in '07 - Anything to avoid Ozzy's Shops or buying out of state - That and they take such great care of me and my buddies - The Master Tech who has built all my shit over the years...this is his personal bike....along with a '62 Pan and an '05 Night Train

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Very tempting!
Was talking to Phaedra about this bike last night ; showed her the pics AGAIN and started explaining why I liked it sooo much but it just didn't make sense for me to spend that knid of money, etc,etc., and she says: Jack, if the estate settlement brings what you think it will why not buy it if you like it that much? Jaw hit my lap & my tongue is just hanging out like a junk yard hound that someone is dangling a t-bone over the fence in front of.......then she says, but 1 of the other bikes will need to go to which I reply O baby for an fxr I'll let Slim go in a New York minute; I like it and it's fun to ride but it definitely isn't an Evo FXR. OMG; I can't get into a bidding war with you though Roger, you're too good of a buddy. :eek:o_O:coffee::coffee::p

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Was talking to Phaedra about this bike last night ; showed her the pics AGAIN and started explaining why I liked it sooo much but it just didn't make sense for me to spend that knid of money, etc,etc., and she says: Jack, if the estate settlement brings what you think it will why not buy it if you like it that much? Jaw hit my lap & my tongue is just hanging out like a junk yard hound that someone is dangling a t-bone over the fence in front of.......then she says, but 1 of the other bikes will need to go to which I reply O baby for an fxr I'll let Slim go in a New York minute; I like it and it's fun to ride but it definitely isn't an Evo FXR. OMG; I can't get into a bidding war with you though Roger, you're too good of a buddy. :eek:o_O:coffee::coffee::p
I say go for it Jack! Unfortunately for me, like Eddie said, bike is a bit cramped for me and would need to switch out mid controls to extended forward controls and probably new bars and seat too. That bike is more like a collectors item should stay as stock as possible imo. Love that EVO motor though!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts