Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I've only used a inner fairing mount an helmet mount. The helmet was the best for me with minimal to no viberation during recording.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've used the cheap ones on the bars and recorded on my phone before. It doesn't work well. Too much vibration.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I used a Ram Mount on the bars, but the camera is always looking through the windscreen and there are sometimes reflections and glare. A GoPro mounted atop the helmet looks dorky, but I ride a RoadGlide with a MadStad so my dork index was peaked long before I got the camera.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
My GoPro vibrates too much when mounted on the bike to take videos so I just take pics. The pics come out real good and you can take tons of pics without using up a lot of memory.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I use a RAM mount on the mirror stem. It does vibrate but still takes decent video. It takes really great pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use a RAM mount on the mirror stem. It does vibrate but still takes decent video. It takes really great pics.
Do you have a picture of this set up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've gone the dorky helmet mount route. While it may be dorky I've gotten some really great video (including an unsolicited flash from an inebriated buxom young lady when I happened to look her way at a stop light :D ).

I put one of the GoPro mounting bases on the bill of my helmet and only attach the camera if I know we're going to be in an area where I want video. The position makes it easy to hit the shutter release to be begin and end the video.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have the ram mount that attaches to the controls. Also have the claw mount to attach to he highway bar. Don't waste your money. Too much vibration. Helmet is the best. You can also do the over the shoulder mount with some pvc and a camelback pack. It comes out great and gives a nice perspective. Your body soaks up the vibration. I have seen really good video from the front fender but you have to use the sticky mount on the fender and keep the camera close to the mount. Or... get a sony with image stabilization.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've mounted my go pro on the engine guard, it works and doesn't vibrate much. I recently clamped it to the cowbells... Also no to little vibration. The only problem is the view isn't the greatest...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mounted Camera

:) I use a recording unit from: http://www.smartwitness.co.uk/article/90/motorcycles
although located in England, expect something similar in USA.
I have the lens installed under the fairing at front and a 2nd lens under the top box at the rear. on 2015 RG CVO Ultra.
The actual recording unit is located inside the top box together with GPS unit.
the recording shows speed, direction and street view via the GPS.
No vibration. this is on continous recording when ever the engine is on.
sound available is needed. but this is my safety camera to record the idiots.

I also wear a head camera: DRIFT : http://store.driftinnovation.com/uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjwh6SsBRCYrKHF7J3NjicSJACUxAh7ksv6zns2r0LKozilvHip2tZ_jKwwn80ErfyFlpex4hoCcZjw_wcB
this is an excellent quality recording unit. but does not have the GPS element.
very usful when wanting scenic views. Limited battery life, need to replace every 2hrs or so.

:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I mounted my GoPro to the fairing just under the windshield with a suction cup mount. I was a little worried about it falling off but it held very well. There is a little vibration but not too bad. It provides a unique perspective since you can't see the bike at all.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Arkon Camera Strap Mount and Handlebar Mount for Canon Sony Samsung Panasonic Nikon Cameras, this is what I got from Amazon. Less then $15. Wasn't mounting a go pro. Mounted an expensive $500 compact point and shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts