Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was playing this weekend on a farm road here in Houston filming and wanted to do some testing of video camera mounting on the bike for an upcoming Sturgis trip we're going on. Had some fun playing with iMovie templates and doing a test trailer just for the helluvit to get a short video to see how the various angles looked. I know the scenery is nothing like the Hill country or anything, just wanted to work on camera placement so don't give me too much crap on the cow pastures! LOL :D

https://youtu.be/JJaXPHgH6WU

I typically just shoot stills from the bike, but may augment that with some video on the trip. I was really surprised how well the hand held shots came out using a selfie stick. Will use a leash on the camera like my still camera in case I need both hands on the curvy roads! :eek: I also used a couple of different mounts to test angles and how well they shot. I like the RAM Med Tough Claw for mounting on engine and saddlebag guards. I also used the suction cup on the tour park (dummy corded of course).

Anyway had some fun on a hot afternoon goofing off after getting the bike serviced. Enjoy.

Equipment:

1. GoPro 3 Camera
2. Contour HD Camera
3. RAM Mount Med Touch Claw
4. RAM Short Double Socket Arm
5. RAM Long Double Socket Arm

MacBook Pro 15" with iMovie 10.0.9 version

Anyway, let me know what you think...dangerous to ask that right? :eek:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice job! The footage is awesome. Your editing skills with iMovie software takes the video to a whole different level. I'm going to look into getting that software.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Steven Spillburg and Quenton Tortellini have outdone themselves with that trailer production...can't wait to see the full length feature!

Awesome job and very professional!:cool:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You killed it or dare I say murdered it. Can't wait to see wait you come up with during Sturgis.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That was actually pretty cool! Would you recommend iMovie for someone who has ZERO experience with video editiing? I'm looking for something to play with for my videos.........

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
That was actually pretty cool! Would you recommend iMovie for someone who has ZERO experience with video editiing? I'm looking for something to play with for my videos.........

Yes, it's pretty easy software to use .

But only works on a MAC-😁😁😁

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iMovie is exactly for someone who has Zero experience with video editing, there are lots of YouTube videos explaining how to use in case you get stuck. It is very intuitive. The trailer I put together was super simple as all I did is drop clips into a template. I'm used to working with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, but sometimes it's fun to use iMovie, that way it doesn't feel like a work project! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Nice, thanks....I have it on my macbook air..just never played with it. I'll check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts