Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got up with a 1/2 decent day, decided top make a run to Campobello as the weather is going to turn up here soon. 58 and cloudy most of the day, so had to add some laundry to stay warm.
300+ mile day. FDR summer home very interesting, lot of original family artifacts in the "cottage"
Lot of flowers on the grounds, very nice.

180 panoramic East Quoddy Head (Head Harbor) Tried to get it to open enlarged, but gave up.

FDR cottage (34 room "cottage")

Dont you girls bitch about ironing and cooking. Servants hd to heat the iron on a coal stove after
you washed everything by hand,then cook dinner on a big woodfired kitchen stove.
Fridge was an oak box full of ice.

Theres a whale in there someplace. We stood there and watched them blow and sound for a 1/2 hour or so.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
part 2

Dump duck, local delicacy

This is what you do with old lobster boats, make a Lubec guest house

But why Mommy? Why cant I have a K1600 too? I only got a 1200RT, He's got a 1600!!!

BFF's...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Got up with a 1/2 decent day, decided top make a run to Campobello as the weather is going to turn up here soon. 58 and cloudy most of the day, so had to add some laundry to stay warm.
300+ mile day. FDR summer home very interesting, lot of original family artifacts in the "cottage"
Lot of flowers on the grounds, very nice.

180 panoramic East Quoddy Head (Head Harbor) Tried to get it to open enlarged, but gave up.

FDR cottage (34 room "cottage")

Dont you girls bitch about ironing and cooking. Servants hd to heat the iron on a coal stove after
you washed everything by hand,then cook dinner on a big woodfired kitchen stove.
Fridge was an oak box full of ice.

Theres a whale in there someplace. We stood there and watched them blow and sound for a 1/2 hour or so.
Brings back memories. As a kid, my family would drive from Aroostook County to Campobello to camp & fish during many a summer weekend. Been to FDR's "summer cottage".

Funny thing is, I now live about 8 miles from FDR's "Little White House" in Warm Springs, GA...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,715 Posts
"This is what you do with old lobster boats, make a Lubec guest house"

In Lubec you have a 50/50 shot that the converted lobster boat might actually be nicer than the house whose yard it sits in!

Know what you mean about the weather turning, trying to get some extra rides in myself. Sept. and first half of Oct. are by far my favorite riding months in Maine. I managed to get away last Friday afternoon and went to Millinocket, then caught Rte.11 in Medway and continued along the river on up to Patten, then back down Rte. 2 and home. If you head that way, there's a horrendous bump that runs across the whole road just before you get to the old metal overhead bridge near Grindstone, and a slightly smaller one on the other side of the bridge. Must be large culverts that are making their way to the surface. That first one was big enough to throw 285 pounds about a foot in the air off the seat.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no. dont recall seeing the signs. B and B looks like a nice place tho.

My chum the Beemer driver said we should go down again and stay someplace, spend some more time on Campobello, then ferry jump the islands and keep going into NB and Nova Scotia.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Lubec, America is my home town...
We lived in 5 different houses in 4 years.
FDR's cottage is really in full bloom late June and into July.....

Thanks for the pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts