Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'22 RG ST
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to look around at cams.
I think i have it narrowed down to the Feuling 465 and S+S 465.
The bike is a 22 RG ST.

My plan is not to go to crazy. I want rideability, reliability, and reasonable gas mileage. So far i seem to be staying between 3 and 4000 rpm's while out riding. The bike feels great in that area. I like the dyno sheets and reviews that i have read on both of these cams.
I like to carve mountain roads and canyons. I want to be able to pass quickly on the super slab when traveling. I have a pipe that is on order- SPB Fab. I am going to run the Power Vision tuner.
I have not spoken with Fuel Moto yet. Looking through their dyno sheets it is apparent that they like working with a particular cam, which is cool. I just want to see if i can get some butt in the seat reviews and first hand experience here with these 2 cams.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
S&S 465 really work up my 2017 107. it out the torque on down low and keep it coming through normal operating RPM's.
After a lot of research and talking withFM my 2020 114 got the 22x woods cam. . Good choice for me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm the last guy here qualified to opinionate on what cam someone should use. What I do know is that I would've been totally guessing which cam to match up with a specific exhaust system (end to end), air cleaner, and a few other things....not to mention a matched tune. That's where Fuel Moto saved me from myself. They got me huge results, AND they saved me considerable money while doing so. Bottom line is any cam's final results are a function of being part of a well-matched, integrated system...and that's where I'll have to stop, given my personal limits.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm the last guy here qualified to opinionate on what cam someone should use. What I do know is that I would've been totally guessing which cam to match up with a specific exhaust system (end to end), air cleaner, and a few other things....not to mention a matched tune. That's where Fuel Moto saved me from myself. They got me huge results, AND they saved me considerable money while doing so. Bottom line is any cam's final results are a function of being part of a well-matched, integrated system...and that's where I'll have to stop, given my personal limits.
Couldn't agree more. If you're content with pitching the warranty, pick a company (like FM, or T-Man, or TTS) and follow their recommendations to the T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts