Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You get a new bike?

Cams options for the '15 would be the same as the prior years. The 777 & 888 cams need a bit more compression. The '15 does already have an upgraded cam over a '09-'13, but there is room for improvement. For heavy touring the Andrews 48, Woods 222, TMan 555TQ, just to name a few.

·
Registered
498 Posts
These cams were also on my list.... Can you tell us a little more about what you liked and disliked about these cams? Was it in a 103" ? How did they feel low end - midrange - top end? Street manners?

Thanks.
I have them and Steve's lifters installed in my '15 CVORGU which has SE intake, SERT, and 2 into 1 RB Racing Pro stock exhaust. My goal was to gain low and mid torque so I have huge power to pass and have fun when I fully loaded down. These cams exceeded my expectations and really complement touring riding styles. Additionally, the combination with the GMR lifters and really turned down all the engine noise from the harley parts. I can't comment on the other cams as I knew I wanted GMRs after reading about their reviews and then talking with Steve. Overall, great service, great cams, and great performance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have them and Steve's lifters installed in my '15 CVORGU which has SE intake, SERT, and 2 into 1 RB Racing Pro stock exhaust. My goal was to gain low and mid torque so I have huge power to pass and have fun when I fully loaded down. These cams exceeded my expectations and really complement touring riding styles. Additionally, the combination with the GMR lifters and really turned down all the engine noise from the harley parts. I can't comment on the other cams as I knew I wanted GMRs after reading about their reviews and then talking with Steve. Overall, great service, great cams, and great performance.
Ok thanks.... You're riding a CVO 110" motor. That cam is perfect for the 110"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Purchased mine with every intent to do the stage 4 kit. Dealer talked me down from that and set me up with a 204 that is being installed today along with Bassani 2:1 exhaust and a high flow filter. They are loading a canned tune to get me to 1k miles and will dyno tune it from there. After reading a lot of posts here I am wondering if this was even worth the gain and if I shouldn't had done some more research before pulling the trigger? Either way it's going in so I will have some dyno numbers towards the end of the month for this setup. I guess my concern is they are basing the suggestion off the 2013 model and my gain from the cam will not be anywhere near what it was pre rushmore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely worth the money and it was a very noticeable difference.. The mechanic was very excited about how well it pulled across the band and so was I. She is running very rich with the canned tune so I am expecting another gain when it gets dyno tuned and dialed in. Wish I had done a before and after on the dyno though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.