Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 roadglide. 8,000 miles I would like to swap cams. Thinking woods 777. Are lifters required?

·
Registered
136 Posts
not required. but based on my experience, if they're the OEM lifters, you will have issues on down the road with that high lift of a cam. I had to replace mine with in a couple thousand of installing tman 600 cams.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I am putting Fueling 574 cams in my glide this winter,never had any issues with the stock lifters in the 20,000 miles but i will be replacing with Fueling lifters at cam swap.With the aggressive ramps on most woods cams new lifters wood be a wise decision.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Replace lifters when you replace cams, your right there anyway.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Ya. I changed cams. Then about 5000 miles later did the lifters. Wish I'd done at the same time.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have a 13 roadglide. 8,000 miles I would like to swap cams. Thinking woods 777. Are lifters required?
FWIW, that cam's intake closing number wants at/very near 10.4 cr to optimize it's potential and delivery, and your OE 103"(?) is sitting about 1 full point shy of that at 9.6 cr, but that said, we'd reccomend to change out those "Made in Mexico" lifters to an S&S lifter.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
FWIW, that cam's intake closing number wants at/very near 10.4 cr to optimize it's potential and delivery, and your OE 103"(?) is sitting about 1 full point shy of that at 9.6 cr, but that said, we'd reccomend to change out those "Made in Mexico" lifters to an S&S lifter.:)
Scott
A polite way of saying that your stock motor with 777 is going to suck below 3000 rpm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts