Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RG Special. It cam originally with a 107. I did the stage IV kit at HD and it converts it to a 114. The kit includes CNC Ported Heads, Performance Valve Springs, 64mm Throttle Body, High Flow injectors (5.5g/s), 4.075" bolt on cylinders, Forged 11:1 compression Aluminum Coated Pistons and rings, SE8-515 cam, Cam bearing upgrade,High Performance tappets, High Capacity Clutch Springs and disks (1200N). I also added V&H Headers with V&H 4.5 Power Duals. This is all tuned up with a TTS tuner. My numbers are descent on Dyno 120hp 114 tq. I want to increase my torque. I am looking at T-man 216 vs Woods 22XE. I would appreciate any advise and suggestions.

·
Registered
2019 CVO Roadglide in Mako Shark Fade
19 Posts
Take a look at the Cyclerama Facebook page. They have been seeing pretty great Dyno numbers with just drop in cams. I cant imagine your numbers don't increase based off what you've done already and what I have seen from them.

·
Registered
2019 CVO Roadglide in Mako Shark Fade
19 Posts
Take a look at the Cyclerama Facebook page. They have been seeing pretty great Dyno numbers with just drop in cams. I cant imagine your numbers don't increase based off what you've done already and what I have seen from them.
or just email them your build and see what they recommend. Wes is pretty responsive and he'll send you comparable dyno sheets. [email protected]

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had a ss475 kit done. Vh sent me a map for the fp3 and it's oddly spot on. No popping or dead spots. Bike runs amazing and the 475 gives the m8 that HD lope it was missing. Bike rips now and I doubt I'll go further with this motor. Amazing what a proper cam does to these M8's. I don't think u can really go wrong with any of the big name cams. Just depends what exactly your looking for out of it. One of the HD dealerships did a cam comparison video on YouTube. It's pretty helpful. Stage 2 seems to be the best bang for the buck.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for there advice. Im still searching for the correct cam and shop to do it with. Once I finish I will post the numbers and my opion.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Have you considered a two into one exhaust before changing cams?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
When choosing a cam only looking at the numbers can burn you. Just an example with just a set of good mufflers stock header, power vision canned map and reasonable AC 475 cam looks good. Post higher HP numbers that catch the eye. But a second look at the 465 post much better Torque and delivers it in the area most ride. Look at the whole picture when shopping for a Cam.
Doing the cam and lifters it a great way to wake the bike up. But get caught up in a little more .... next thing you know and affordable cam job turns into sizeable bill for power you you will never use.
DYNO's lie they can make them say what they want.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have you checked out the Fuel Moto site? They have dozens of dyno charts with various M8's (107, 114, 117, etc) all with different combo's of intake, exh, etc. For the amount of money you have spent already, just the correct cam for your existing parts and a good tune will make a huge difference. As smitty mentioned, don't just look at the 'max' number for TQ and HP, take the time to look at the graphs and see where the power comes on and where it starts to fade. I prefer a cam that comes on early and provides a nice wide power band versus one that comes on late and peaks out way up high in rpm range. Some call this 'useable' power band meaning the power is in the rpm range you normally ride in.

This is an example...for <$2K in parts added to my stock '19 RGS (114) look at this torque curve. About 120 ft-lbs from 2,500 to 5,000 rpm.

Heres a couple of SE cams...note the very small torque curve in the same 120 ft-lbs range compared to the Woods cam above

Reactions: MORider

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been learning a lot as I go, thanks to everyone. I have been studying Dyno sheets from many, especially Fuel Moto. I am not stuck on the final numbers but looking at the usable rpm range of numbers.
So I have decided on T man 216 tuned with Power Vision by a shop in SFL called MOB Cycle. I will post my numbers once its done and more important how it feels. Also adding Fueling lifters, cam plate and oil pump Thanks to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts