Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after riding a bike my buddy was working on for a friend that is cammed Ive gotta have some. The torque was just awesome. So here goes:

96"
Stock Headpipes
SE slip ons (swapping to less restrictive tonight though)
SE stage 1 A/C
SE race tuner

makes 78hp/88tq now

Looked at Andrews 48H and seen good reviews but also taking suggestions. Will stay chain driven so no gear drives.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The Andrews 48 is a very good choice for the 96" engine. Good price and quiet valve train. Don't let yourself get caught up in all the hype that comes with the "bigger is better" theories.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Easy Start S&S cams

I run the easystart 551 cams from S&S great tq I also have S&S super stock heads ported polished

Start any engine

regardless of displacement or compression ratio with a stock starter. The new Easy Start Cams from S&S® Cycle make hard starting obsolete for 1999-up big twins. Available in chain drive and gear drive versions.
Don't get caught "dead" without them! More Proven Performance® from S&S Cycle, Inc., the leader in V-Twin high performance parts since 1958.

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also Im im the process of building a 2-1 side pipe using a stock 09 header (decatted)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I run the easystart 551 cams from S&S great tq I also have S&S super stock heads ported polished

Start any engine

regardless of displacement or compression ratio with a stock starter. The new Easy Start Cams from S&S® Cycle make hard starting obsolete for 1999-up big twins. Available in chain drive and gear drive versions.
Don't get caught "dead" without them! More Proven Performance® from S&S Cycle, Inc., the leader in V-Twin high performance parts since 1958.
+ 1 on S&S 551 cams. That's what my indy recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts