Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 09 RG with a PC V that seems to work fine. I live at sea level on the west coast and recently had the bike up as high as 9000 ASL with no problems.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nobull

Put on a PCV autotune and your problems will be gone when you change altitude. You can't have a map made for one elevation and exspect it to work perfect at a much higher altitude. Also is your map in your PCV correct. The map I got from fuel moto seemed to run good. But after I installed my autotune there map was weak for my bike. Here is the deal all bikes are differant and we all live in differant areas. There is know way one map can work in all bikes all over the world. PLus a dyno tune is only as good as the tuner. And most I think will get you close but not perfect like a true wide band tuner. These TBW bikes like to ping in the hot weather unless there is some major tuning adjustments. Some guys luck out. The guys around here including me when my bike was stock pinged like crazy in the heat unless we pulled all the timing out. And added fuel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the autotune module and regularly go from sea level to over 8000 feet. No pinging at all, but i do experience the expected loss in power at those higher elevations.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just returned from a Pacific NW/Calif vacation trip. My stage 1 RGU w/PCV worked fine from sea level to 7,000 foot mountain passes. Riding two-up with luggage I noticed no loss of power.

regards,

·
Registered
327 Posts
No Bull, that sounds like exactly the opposite of what would normally happen. As you gain altitude and lose oxygen, the mixture would become richer. So I don't think its a fuel delivery problem. It sounds more heat related, which in a round about way, could be fuel related. :confused:

At any rate, I too have a PCV and was up at 10,000 + feet in Colorado and it ran great. In fact, I got 51 MPG two up from Fort Collins up to Cameron Pass and back.:eek:

BG

·
Registered
36 Posts
PC V/Altitude

Climbed MT Evans in Colorado 14200ft. No issues. I read an article in American Iron last year air density is measured on the way in O2's are just for the EPA. I worried about the same thing til read that article 3 times just to be sure I got it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was able to get rid of the pinging by backing off all the timing advance. This brought about another issue, when I do any more then a slow roll on of the throttle it stumbles and falls on its face really bad. I was unable to fix the issue, so after 5 attempts with new maps from Fuel Moto and even tried one straight from the Power Commander website. Anyway after calling Keith at Fuelmoto many times for help he offered up a Power Vision with full credit for my PCV. I am very impressed with their customer service. My Power Vision is on its way as we speak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts