Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Hertz 6.5 installed in stock location with a ARC 125.4 amp velcroed on the side of the fairing. Want to install speakers where the amp is located. Has anyone done this and where can the amp go? will a bracket work with the 4ch amp?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have installed two sets of Polk MM 6.5's in the fairing. I chose a soundstream amp that fit behind my Sony marine media player. There is a guy here that did brackets and four Hawg Wired. I'll try to find the thread. Maybe someone else can remember who it was. Very informative thread.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but why do you want to add 2 more speakers??? Just add the Hertz Xl's or Spl's and you won't have to worry about it. They'll be clearer and louder than 4 hcx's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Torqu I do have the 6.5 XL with the 4 channel amp bridged to 2 running off stock deck. Just read a lot of positive remarks about inner fairing speakers. You know your always looking to do something better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Depending on the size of the amp you can put it over the radio or mounted vertically on the front of the inner under the radio. You are probably gonna have to cut your glove boxes to mount any speaker good enough to keep up with an HCX 165 though. Some Hertz SV165.1 might fit there without cutting by using a spacer.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah mine biketronics bt2180 has been velcroed in for over a year and 15,000 miles. Dirt roads, gravel, lots of rough stuff. Broke a horn bracket but velcro is going strong. Industrial Velcro is awesome stuff.
All hail Velcro! :D

I think this is the box I actually purchased: Amazon.com: Velcro 90197 - Industrial Strength Sticky-Back Hook and Loop Fasteners, 2 x 15 ft. Roll, Black-VEK90197: Electronics

The benefit Velcro has on bumpy roads is that it actually has a little play in it (laterally ... or up and down if you stick it on a 'wall'). The bumps don't affect it one bit. You should see whats involved in me trying to remove my soundstream amp from the inner faring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts