Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So--about 2 weeks a go I went to the stealer and switched from stock wheels and tires on my RGC to Agitators. (19 inch front and 18 inch rear.) While I was at I did std height monotubes up front and 944s in the back. Handling and ride is really great now.

But--

Today I got my new Corbin Gunfighter seat. It's gorgeous...but, it has spread me out ( I'm 5'9") and makes it so that I'm no longer flatfooted...even with mc boots on I'm on my toes at stop lights. I Love the seat...hate the position I'm in (especially after spending $$$ on it...)

Will the H-D lowering kit work with the progressive set up? Is there any way to lower this bike without spending excessive $$$ on labor...the H-D lowering kit seems like a relatively quick job...

More importantly...will lowering the bike about 1 inch affect the great ride and handling I now enjoy

...Or should I just go back to the stock seat and lick my wounds...?:confused:

Thanks in advance...all thoughts and comments are appreciated

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
So--about 2 weeks a go I went to the stealer and switched from stock wheels and tires on my RGC to Agitators. (19 inch front and 18 inch rear.) While I was at I did std height monotubes up front and 944s in the back. Handling and ride is really great now.

But--

Today I got my new Corbin Gunfighter seat. It's gorgeous...but, it has spread me out ( I'm 5'9") and makes it so that I'm no longer flatfooted...even with mc boots on I'm on my toes at stop lights. I Love the seat...hate the position I'm in (especially after spending $$$ on it...)

Will the H-D lowering kit work with the progressive set up? Is there any way to lower this bike without spending excessive $$$ on labor...the H-D lowering kit seems like a relatively quick job...

More importantly...will lowering the bike about 1 inch affect the great ride and handling I now enjoy

...Or should I just go back to the stock seat and lick my wounds...?:confused:

Thanks in advance...all thoughts and comments are appreciated

Call progressive and see if you can get the additional pieces that to into the lowered version and pull it apart and do it. Don't go with Harley set up cause you won't like the ride after having monotubes.

Unless you ride super aggressive in turns you won't notice a difference being 1" lower.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts