Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know someone that will give me a pair of Gerbings heated gloves. I've looked at that for a long time but never got a set.

My question:

My bike already has a pigtail off the battery for a tender.

Can I get an adapter cable (see link) to plug the heated gloves into the batt tender pigtail, or would I have to run another harness off the battery? I think it should work, but ive read about polarity issues, which I don't understand?

Here's the link for the adapter I think id need.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gerbings-coax-male-to-sae-cable

Anyone ever done this? Advice?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had another thought, Wont the wires be too short to go to the batt tender lead? I do not have the heated jacket liner, I just want to power the gloves. Any remedies for this?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I just had another thought, Wont the wires be too short to go to the batt tender lead? I do not have the heated jacket liner, I just want to power the gloves. Any remedies for this?
Extension cable http://amzn.com/B002DU3TTO

Regarding the polarity: The gloves should have a image on them or the normal power adapter somewhere that describes the polarity it expects. something like: http://i.stack.imgur.com/zsp7C.png.

Does the adapter cable come with a description of the polarity? They should match up. I'm *guessing* that the adapter cable is specifically for the gloves that you're going to be just fine as pat123 can attest.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Gerbing sells extension cables. You may want a temp controller or they will get to hot.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, that solves that issue. Is there risk of the wires melting or anything goofy?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Excellent, that solves that issue. Is there risk of the wires melting or anything goofy?
I just read this on your adapter cable: "Not to be used to connect Gerbing's heated gear to an SAE battery tender cable". So don't hook it up on my word.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Starting to look like I should just wait and get the whole kit. Might be almost as expensive to pievce it together

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got the harley liner and harley gloves both made by gerbings. I run both off my battery tender lead as does my wife off a separate lead. There are times when I'll run the gloves without the liner using the Y cord that came with them. I just use the in line on/off switch to control temp. When my hands get too warm flip the switch for a bit.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Starting to look like I should just wait and get the whole kit. Might be almost as expensive to pievce it together

Just sent you a pm. I have most of what you need except for a controller. Gerbing sells single temp controller for $60 or you can get just a on off switch for $20. I have a new y-harness for gloves and a new battery pigtail with fuses you can have for $25 shipped to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts