Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep everything on my iPhone. I travel a lot for work and on my bike so I just makes sense to keep everything on my IPhone. Plus its just that much easier incase Im in need of something on the road. Anyways, I have a copy of my Service Manual for my 2013 RG Custom but is there a way to download the Owners Manual as well? You never know when you have to use the code to overrider the key fob or something else but you don't have the book with you on the road.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have it with me at the moment. Is there a weblink or something on the last page that directs you to where you can download the manual?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
sure, i just did it. this is one way, i'm sure there are others. if you don't have an account on h-d.com, then you'll need to establish one. after that, go into the owners manuals and open each section. each section will open in a new window. i'm using iexplorer, did a file>save as>webpage, html only. saved it to my desktop, and then drug and dropped into my dropbox account.

go to h-d.com. then on the 'owners link', go to 'owner's manuals'. like i said, you'll have to sign in.

i'm sure there is a way to save them as pdf's and then combine them into one file, but i'm not motivated enough to try to figure that one out.

as far as having it in order to know the procedure for overriding the security, i would suggest that you not wait until you have to do that to learn how to do that. if you're in a pinch, it will almost certainly end up being a frustrating endeavor. learn how to do it while you are in the security of your garage. then if/when you need to do it, it will be super simple. i still practice doing it from time to time, just to stay sharp.

·
Administrator
2,936 Posts
Not a full manual, but some pretty handy tips, including diagnostic procedures, troubleshooting links, dealer locator, and guidance on overriding the security are all in a nice little app for both Android and ios. It's called "V Twin Reference" and it is a must for anyone with a smart phone and a bike on the road. And I think it's free.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Plus 1 on the V Twin Reference app. I used it the other day when my key fob battery decided not to work and the siren was going off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Plus 1 on the V Twin Reference app. I used it the other day when my key fob battery decided not to work and the siren was going off.
I had that on my android, but couldnt get it for an I phone. Ive kept my old android charged up and take it with me on a trip in case I need info. Havent checked lately to see if they got it yet for the iphone

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
It's not in the App Store anymore

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
sure, i just did it. this is one way, i'm sure there are others. if you don't have an account on h-d.com, then you'll need to establish one. after that, go into the owners manuals and open each section. each section will open in a new window. i'm using iexplorer, did a file>save as>webpage, html only. saved it to my desktop, and then drug and dropped into my dropbox account.

go to h-d.com. then on the 'owners link', go to 'owner's manuals'. like i said, you'll have to sign in.

i'm sure there is a way to save them as pdf's and then combine them into one file, but i'm not motivated enough to try to figure that one out.

as far as having it in order to know the procedure for overriding the security, i would suggest that you not wait until you have to do that to learn how to do that. if you're in a pinch, it will almost certainly end up being a frustrating endeavor. learn how to do it while you are in the security of your garage. then if/when you need to do it, it will be super simple. i still practice doing it from time to time, just to stay sharp.
To put it in pdf just print and select save as pdf then you can combine them. I keep all of the owners and service manuals on my iPad when traveling. Nice when you need it.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i had tried that, but got the error 'printer not activated'.....

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Not a full manual, but some pretty handy tips, including diagnostic procedures, troubleshooting links, dealer locator, and guidance on overriding the security are all in a nice little app for both Android and ios. It's called "V Twin Reference" and it is a must for anyone with a smart phone and a bike on the road. And I think it's free.
Well, yes it is, its the full owners manual (not the service manual, the owners manual).

Go to h-d.com, click on the owners link, and register your vin, then you can view the owners manual on line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts