Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stock FLTRX comes with 12" rear shocks, right?

Can you go any lower? or will it rub? Like, lowering blocks wouldn't work, right? everyone that does them seems to have ultras.

I only ride 1 up.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
You have wiring inside the rear fender and wires are not real tire friendly when contact is made.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You could go maybe 1-1 1/2 lower and get away with it. If you do lower, adjust your belt tension accordingly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yes you can I am running 11 inch shocks on my FLTRX w/o any problems. I had Bitchin Bagger ( Phoenix custom ) modify my factory shock with internal bump stops so no bottoming out on the fender or damage to your wiring. They will set them up to your weight. I 2 up often w/o problems. 6000 miles so far on this setup. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
09 and earlier the wire ran down the back side of the fender 2010 and newer wires exit outside on the lefthand side. you can run a 1" lowering kit with a 180/70 r16 with 12" or 11" shocks and not rub.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for the good info!

·
Registered
520 Posts
You could go maybe 1-1 1/2 lower and get away with it. If you do lower, adjust your belt tension accordingly.
good one JJSW.. in the past i've lowered 2 Harleys in the rear and never gave the belt a thought..

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Whats the positives going with that rather than the other options out there. Trying to figure out my self wich way i want to go right now with air is why i ask
They start off at 12" instead of 13 or 14 like the Monroe's. I wanted mine to be a manageable height for a short guy like me even when fully aired up and without using lowering blocks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Whats the positives going with that rather than the other options out there. Trying to figure out my self wich way i want to go right now with air is why i ask
They start off at 12" instead of 13 or 14 like the Monroe's. I wanted mine to be a manageable height for a short guy like me even when fully aired up and without using lowering blocks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts