Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in the budget right now, but soon I'd like to replace the stock seat on my '10 rgc. I actually like the stock seat. Its comfy enough for me and I like its looks. I ride 2-up 90 percent of the time though and my wife says its too narrow in back.

My real problem is my bars. I out 12" outlaws on, and wish I had gotten 14". I'm not looking to do another bar swap however.

So, ultimately, I'd like a seat that still looks good and not like a pillow. I'd like it to lower me 1-2 inches. It would be nice if it could bring ng me forward towards the tank an inch or two as well.

If it was slightly wider, especially in the rear, that'd be nice too.

Are there any seats out there that match this description I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Corbin has a "close" seat solo which a pillion seat of various widths can be added. Wife has a close solo Corbin heated for her strictly one-up riding, on the 2008 FXDSE(2)-105th CVO. That is the seat she wanted after her over ten years experience with a Corbin close on her '98 Dyna. She has a backrest, highly recommended.

I have a Corbin solo with backrest on my 2000 Deuce which since '08 is used mainly for local jaunts and riding to work 6 miles away.

For my '08 FLTR, I chose a Mustang Solo with backrest. When wife rides on the back, the pillion saddle goes on and the quick release HD backrest with rack further back. When on a multi-day ride, my big HD tour pack goes on straight up from the QR pillion location - I like the look and balance. Outstanding versatile looking good setup. The pillion saddle can be purchased in various widths. Mustang is I believe the OEM for HD saddles. Mine is a bit lower than stock, but not more forward. I am 6' 1" with 32 inseam. I find it comfortable up to a 350 mile day ride.

If I were to get a new saddle for my Road Glide, I would get the one I have reapulsterd with slightly more firm fillin, and perhaps 1/2" lower and 1/2" closer. Look around bike events where you live for saddle reupholsters, buy a used one, and have it re manufactured to your exact specifications.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I would also like to recommend the Corbin seats

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a Danny Gray Double Back seat with a backrest that can be used for the rider or passenger. It is great for a guy with short legs. Moves you forward and is narrow in the front so your legs get straight down to the ground. I will sell it if you are interested. I went to a solo. The seat is used and has signs of wear. Nor rips or tears but the leather has a couple of wear marks. The passenger part looks like it would be more comfortable than a stock RG custom seat but my wife did not spend much time in it so I can't give you much of an opinion. If you are interested send me a PM and I will get you a couple of pics.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Little more info:

I am 5'10 but only have a 29" inseam. I've never used a driver backrest and don't need one. The bike has a 4 point docking system with a passenger backrest and a Mustang pad on it that never comes off.

If I can get closer to the tank, I can adjust bars forward a little bit to get a little more height out of them. If the seat drops me down that's even better. I figure combined I can make my 12's feel like 14's.

thedude - I sent you a pm bud.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, note the pic in my signature. That's the backrest that stays on and how my setup is now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Have Mean City Cycles mod your stock seat. I'm looking at under 400 bucks and that includes diamond stitching the covers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Have you looked at the HD Reach touring seats? Lower, narrow in the nose, sits the rider forward and has a decent sized passenger pad. I have one in plain stitching hanging in the garage I'd let go if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pm sent bud. Hadn't considered the HD seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts