Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
They weren't Canadian, they were protesters!

Being from the oil producing province of Alberta and deriving the income for my companies directly from the exploration, production and shipping of oil, we tend to view protesters as "a little lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut".

Interesting point is how do they get to these protests? Wind powered sail cars, solar powered bicycles? No in most cases they show up in an old smoke belching diesel powered two stroke jimmy bus, slightly ironic that they want to protect the environment from oil companies yet rely on them for transportation to protest them.

Oil transported by pipeline is still the safest way to move the commodity over land. It is controlled, stored and moved most efficiently that way. It takes far less carbon input to move oil by pipeline than by rail, truck or even barges.

Like it or not, the world is hooked on the consumption of oil. Emerging nations such as China, India, Brazil who are leaping into mass consumerism are demanding more and more natural resources. The demand for oil is increasing everyday. The safest way to transport it overland is by pipeline.

No matter how safe you make something the limiting factor is always human error. I believe this is what you will find is the root cause in almost all disasters involving petroleum products.

Ok, off the soapbox now and returning to your regular Canuck humor!

To quote Shrek "If it was me donkey, you'd be dead!".

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always makes you wonder doesn't it???
http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/

Some of Today's Topics...

YUM
Rodent fur 'in Mexican ketchup'

WE'RE GONNA NEED MORE OLIVES
Kyrgyz authorities discover vodka pipeline

THIS HAPPENS FAR TOO OFTEN
Building evacuated after burlesque dancer sets off fire alarm with burning nipple tassels

TERRORISM UPDATE
Reports of "exploding toilets" are raising concerns in a Seattle neighborhood. At least two homeowners experienced something unusual in their bathrooms.

Oh, and the always interesting Flathead County Police Report

FLATHEAD: COUNTY OF PASSION
8:16 a.m. A Kalispell man reported that he recently broke up with his girlfriend. He was concerned about her retaliation efforts.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They weren't Canadian, they were protesters!

Being from the oil producing province of Alberta and deriving the income for my companies directly from the exploration, production and shipping of oil, we tend to view protesters as "a little lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut".

Interesting point is how do they get to these protests? Wind powered sail cars, solar powered bicycles? No in most cases they show up in an old smoke belching diesel powered two stroke jimmy bus, slightly ironic that they want to protect the environment from oil companies yet rely on them for transportation to protest them.

Oil transported by pipeline is still the safest way to move the commodity over land. It is controlled, stored and moved most efficiently that way. It takes far less carbon input to move oil by pipeline than by rail, truck or even barges.

Like it or not, the world is hooked on the consumption of oil. Emerging nations such as China, India, Brazil who are leaping into mass consumerism are demanding more and more natural resources. The demand for oil is increasing everyday. The safest way to transport it overland is by pipeline.

No matter how safe you make something the limiting factor is always human error. I believe this is what you will find is the root cause in almost all disasters involving petroleum products.

Ok, off the soapbox now and returning to your regular Canuck humor!

To quote Shrek "If it was me donkey, you'd be dead!".

Calgaryglide
Yeah, but do they stick Beer Cans to their foreheads while they protest?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Oil transported by pipeline is still the safest way to move the commodity over land.
2 stroke Jimmie buses tend to be a pretty safe mode of transport. Problem with transporting oil in one is that all your product tends to leak out before you get there......

This photo is a classic and authenticated by the fact that Troy appears to be seeping maple syrup through his shirt.........

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your giving the protesters too good an image saying they're lower than snake Bellys in a wagon rut.

I Wouldn't piss on one if they were on fire. Self richeous pieces of S$!T.

Whats better supporting countries that support terrorists or pipelineing our friendly oil to our friends to use in their Harley's and such.

Working in this industry and knowing the quality control and safety regulations that have to happen before a drop of oil goes into the hydro transport lines this kind of crap makes me angry!!!

Hey Protestors get educated you putz's......by the way a Fart is CH4 which is methane...which is a greenhouse gas ya hypocrit....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The oil is for export not US use. We export huge amounts of oil. Keeps prices up in the USA, and makes the oil companies even richer. What's not to like?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I seem to have a distant recollection of a Canadian Prime Minister's wife or mistress that had a proclivity for flashing her snatch in public. If she's still around up there, please advise her that it's been too many years, and we don't wanta look no more!:eek:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I AM THE GUY THAT KNOCKED THOSE BEER CANS OFF HIS HEAD!!!!
Has there been any discussion about pool side behavior at SW III? Has there been any discussion about who was the champion in terms of pool tsunamis? What about lewd behavior with inflatable objects? If so direct me to the thread!
Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts