Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am about to change out my rear canadian stock fender with center tail brake light to the U.S. cvo rear fender. Does anyone know if it is a straight plug and play or is there more to it than that? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was thinking of same set up ,
Maybe we will get some input also would
Like to do bag extensions was thinking of
The ones from cyclesmiths they said
The flat black is a match for the denum
Paint , I have seen a few pics with this set
Up but not in person .

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Youll need to get the yaffe stealth 3 license plate bracket the cover the hole where the center light was mounted. I had the center light too and converted to the cvo fascia. I had to re-pin the stock harness to make the cvo harness work. Youll be able to use your stock fender by the way

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The plate bracket mounts directly to the exisiting holes that the center light mounted to. This is again my stock fender

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the full cvo kit that comes from harley I also have the stealth 3 plate kit. Is there a template I can get anywhere for the wire pin change or is it fairly straight forward. I Know how to take the plugs apart as I need to when I wired my BR bars.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I pieced everything out seperately and was able to save a few hundred bucks. As far as the plate frame, i just cut and spliced the wires together since theres only the two wires for the plate light. That harness is under the seat. As for the light harness i re-pinned the factory harness which is relatively easy. You can buy a direct plug and play harness from the dealer for about $30 if you so choose to make it really easy for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the middle of changing the wire harness plug but I have a left over orange wire with white stripe that I believe is for a brake light. Do I just omit this wire or will that create a fault signal in the computer turning on a warning light ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Solved the wiring problem the orange wire with white strip on Canadian bikes needs to be wired to the blue wire on the CVO fascia lights. When wired color to color there is no receptor wire for the orange white on the fascia side. Had signals and brakes but no power to the running lights or the plate light. I switched the orange white feed to the blue wire in the fascia harness and everything worked perfectly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Solved the wiring problem the orange wire with white strip on Canadian bikes needs to be wired to the blue wire on the CVO fascia lights. When wired color to color there is no receptor wire for the orange white on the fascia side. Had signals and brakes but no power to the running lights or the plate light. I switched the orange white feed to the blue wire in the fascia harness and everything worked perfectly.
so when connected the blue wire on original side is now disconnected?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts