Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a king tour pack from a 14 on my 13 thats candy orange. In 14 harley had the candy orange color on the ultra classic but my dealer is baffled on trying to find a part number for the tour pack from one any ideas my parts catalog doesnt list it either any ideas?

·
Registered
771 Posts
You'd think it would be easier to find because the ultra (I forget which one) came in candy orange, but I could never come up with one either. I ended buying the unpainted version and had it done locally. Actually worked out better because was able to do the pale gold pinstripe to match the shape on the bags instead of the square on the lid that the ultra came with.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like it looks real good, can you post a pic? I have a '13 Candy Orange as well and would love to get a color matched '14 tour pack for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Have them look up for a Streetglide or Road King.

Sometimes you have to "trick" the moco. The "book" will say it is not available for your bike but it can be.

Ask your parts guy how they would order one for an insurance replacement, I'll wager they can come up with a part number then.

Try PcPain on this forum he can probably get it for you in plain paint no stripes.

Moco part number for a 13 Candy orange chopped tourpak...53111-13PDV, Have your parts guy start there, I'm sure the king and perhaps a razor part number will show up as well.

Calgaryglide

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
I tried that and was told the 14 pack was not available in candy orange. So I got a 13 style pack, PC Pain is whom I went to. Sounded like BS.

Drew

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Just get an unprinted 14 TP or a Vivid black and have it painted the color you want.
I do love the newer style TP's. Thinking about switching mine out minus the lights and doing my own custom lighting application.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
I saw a candy orange 14 with a 14 tourpack on it. I think it was a limited or something recently and thought to myself it could be done. Matching that color is a bitch. had two things painted neither matches perfectly. Used the Harley paint and all.

Drew

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've always been told to take a side cover in to help match up but idk. I've personally not had any issues with my painter for any of my builds.

I do totally dig that new style TP over my big ass King TP on my RGU. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
771 Posts
I won't be able to post a pic until tomorrow. Matching was indeed a pain. Tried the MoCo paint first and it was at least 2 shades too dark and the guy I used has been spraying HD for years. It took him a couple of tries but was able to get a great match from a local shop. He did my inner fairing and the tour pak - I've looked at it from every angle possible and in every light possible and it's about dead nuts perfect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
No worries, I have a painter that did my inner fairing and cowbells and they look great as well so I may go the same route and just order an unpainted tour pack and go from there.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Raining out so in the garage and not the best lighting, hopefully the pinstriping comes through good enough. I like it better matching the shape on the bags than the square on the tour pak lid on the 14 ultra.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
a couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Looks good Roadie13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Road Glide chopped tour pack custom work

I have a 2012 RG Custom. Harley shop in Canada wanted an arm and a leg for a pac with all the hardware. Ordered a chopped pack from power products plus, box is fiberglass rather than molded plastic. Steve was great to deal with. My painter used a PPG paint, was told to use PPG as they are American owned and so they are the only ones that can get the Harley codes. (Maybe bulshit) Check out his website

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
It is a king.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you mind if I ask what your painter ended up charging you for the tour Pak? I'm looking at doing a chopped and would really like to go with someone who has had recent experience matching the Candy Orange. Care to pass along his contact info?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm not sure what he would charge for the tour pak alone, I had the inner done at the same time and added some pinstriping and other stuff as well. His name is Brandon and he can be reached at 315.525.7454, that's his cell so please call during normal hours (eastern standard, upstate NY).

He does the painting for the local Harley dealer and is super easy to work with. He gets a lot of his business by word of mouth and will go out of his way to make sure you're satisfied. Let him know you saw mine on the forum and he'll know exactly what you're talking about. Small town service with big time quality.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts