Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I am new to the site, bought a wrecked 05 to restore went to buy a 2013 used inner fairing and the guy had the outer and fender with the flames and custom smoke. I bought them with the intention of painting the rest of the parts to match. The skulls are beautiful ! He got rid of them because his painter could not match the inner and the windscreen. I am now rethinking me decision after reading a few of the threads about matching 2013 candy orange and the expense. Before I scuff these and paint a more friendly color I thought I would ask for a bit of advice. I am located near St. Louis. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
oh i see, you can find the guy out of florida that does the color matched inner fairing he may be able to do an exchange thing with you. Think he is on Facebook under Harley painted inner fairings or something like that..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The factory candy orange paint is a pain to match. I painted my Cvo bags and side covers and fender and it doesn't match on the FLOP. Meaning that in certain light and angles it matches. If I were to do it over again I would paint it a totally different color. The orange is nice but the paint is just too pricy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need the inner,tank,side covers,rear fender,saddlebags, and tour pack painted as well

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Paul from Painted Fairings would definitely be able to match the color, I would ask him about doing the other parts, worst thing that can happen is he say no.......

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
758 Posts
I just got my candy orange tour pak back yesterday and it looks awesome, had inner fairing done as well. I'll have everything back on today, let me know if you want pics. I used a local painter that does the work for the local dealer. He had a heck of a time matching as others have said, but did get it nailed down. Ended up sending the Harley paint back, was a couple shades too dark. Local color shop was able to match pretty near dead nuts. If it's off I certainly can't tell. He has another guy looking to get work done so I know he'll be getting more mixed....

Email me or pm if you want pics or his contact info............

·
Registered
758 Posts
A couple of pics from this afternoon, not the best angle but I'm likin' it a lot.....the bar and shield on the glove box is on the back of the tour pak as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help,I am going to call a couple of the painters and maybe rent a car and drive them up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Candy Orange Nightmare!!!!

I have had the same problems with the candy orange. Third guy was the charm! He is in Springfield, MO and I looks spot on! Paint shop took the ppg numbers and sprayed a few test panels then called Huffy and said it is on you now....Huffy came thru!
PM me if you want his contact number!

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Get in touch with RoadHawg, He's a member & really knows painting. I'm sure he can give you some info. He's a local top of the line painter guru, here in NoCal. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts