Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it cost to have a 2012 crank tried welded lightened plugged and timken conversion done and who do the best work?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Figure around a little over a grand. Darkhorse Crankworks is a name I hear mentioned a lot.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Might be cheaper just to send the empty case to one of our site supporters and have them load it with the internals. If you are going this route, might think long and hard about the crate S&S 124. Pro Drag may still have that 124 kit ready to build with your case.

Just trying to help ya out.:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
what prodrag said :)

last I checked the S&S crank was around 13 bills

JtB
Sorry, not really answering your question spokanebagfan, but another vote for what prodrag said. An S&S is well worth it, especially when you're investing a wad of cash in all other stuff too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or just get a S&S crank
That is an option, but I can tell u that my brother scissored his s&s crank after 3 months last summer in his 124 crate. My end result is going to be a 107 and I just want a bullet proof low end and reduce vibration. S&S cranks aren't welded as far as I know. Thanks gents.

P

·
0 Posts
we weld ALL cranks we do motors on,even S&S.S&S does have new cranks out now that they say do not need welding (we do anyway just for overkill,havnt had one move yet)we do it alittle different than everyone else.we`ve been trying to keep drag lower ends straight (nitro & gas) for 20 years,so we actully machine 2 holes on both side of the c. pin (half thru the pin,half thru the F/W),press in pins made from drill rod & weld over them.these act like keys and keep the lower end straight.been doing this WAY before anyone ever thought of a twin cam motor

P

·
0 Posts
Might be cheaper just to send the empty case to one of our site supporters and have them load it with the internals. If you are going this route, might think long and hard about the crate S&S 124. Pro Drag may still have that 124 kit ready to build with your case.

Just trying to help ya out.:D
i still have the kit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts