Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the best way to help you out is to know the reasons you're thinking of both. I have the Day Makers, but no lowers. IMHO, you can never go wrong with safety. I used to use the highbeams on 2 lane roads in the daytime and I was getting cars flashing me... in the daytime. Thats, about all the evidence I need to know that everyone can see me! I don't use HB anymore for fear of blinding other drivers...

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
If you ride at night a lot the day maker is well worth the price. If not lowers may better suit your needs. I ride through deer country and like to see and the day maker is probably the best money I've spent on my bike.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Have put them both on the '09 SERG;

The DMs are a leap in technology, nothing like 'em, That being said, I purchased the HID (headlight/LED(passing lamp) kit for the '05 SEEG from SoCal through the group buy here $150. to me the HIDs are a very cost effective alternative to the DMs.

For me, the lowers were the final piece of the Aero puzzle for the Shark. Flaps, GADDS LTTD, Vented Lowers (w/'10 & later Brackets) and 12" WindSplitter = Clean air at any speed! W/ or W/O helmet. And I don't have to run no Ugly Windshield! 'Running J&M 500 'System (speakers in the fairing & lowers) Clean music at 90+. 6'4"

The '05 SEEG came with the Vented Lowers and I have never even thought about removing them (even in the heat ~ which makes no difference to me), the all season comfort that they give me is great ~ 'will never have a Bagger without them.

My short answer is; if you're just barhoppin' around town, go with the DMs,
if you do much high speed riding / Touring then go with the Lowers.
or go with the $150. HIDs and the Lowers if you can fit into your budget.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided

I dont drive that much at night.
So...got lowers...next will be Daymakers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts