Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Starting to get a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the audio on my bike. I spoke to Karl at No Cage Audio, who was a huge help, pretty much sold me on Arc Audio's MPAK 12. Going to be a few weeks or so before I actually get around to ordering it, going to do some other mods first. I just wanted to get everybodys opinion on Arc Audio vs something like Soundz Customz. I have a feeling I probably wont go wrong with either one, but wanted to hear some other thoughts on it too. I'm 98% chance sticking to just an amp + the two fairing speakers. I dont see myself getting lids, or lowers, or a tourpack w/ speakers...but we all know how that goes. I guess I would say right now I do have it narrowed down to Arc Audio mpak 12 and something from Soundz Customz...so any advice here is greatly appreciated. I've never had a bike with a sound system before, and I want to do it once and do it right.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with any information that Karl (sloride) gave you.
He's one very knowledgeable audio guru.
Keep us postde on what you decide.
BTW where in Westchester are you?
I'm in westchester too, so if you need a had just let me know.
Mike U.
Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that. I'm in the Port Chester area, Rye Brook to be specific. If not maybe we'll get together for a ride!

I also see your sig, I was in 2011-15, EAS'd as a Cpl. Semper Fi

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I went with Karl's advice and installed the Arc Audio MPak 12. Easy plug and play install and great sound. Although can't go wrong either way you go

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with Karl's advice and installed the Arc Audio MPak 12. Easy plug and play install and great sound. Although can't go wrong either way you go
Karl did say was a very straight forward plug and play, which works for me. I dont want to be messing around with too much stuff... and he says no flash necessary which is even better.

If you decide to go with arc audio are you going to buy the kit or use different speakers?
Thanks trying decide too as what to get.
I'm going to buy the kit as a whole and use the included speakers. From what I understand they're great speakers, fit into the OEM holes perfectly, no shims needed, etc...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got another question the kit doesn't come with dsp. pretty sure that's a gotta have if stealership wont flash the ecm to turn of the "power boost" from the head unit. that's if I understand it rite.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Got another question the kit doesn't come with dsp. pretty sure that's a gotta have if stealership wont flash the ecm to turn of the "power boost" from the head unit. that's if I understand it rite.
I ran the MPAK 12 without Arc Audio's PSM (Digital Sound Processor) and it sounded great (no flash from the Stealership.). I later added the PSM and although it was an improvement I'm not sure it was worth the cost. If you think your going to add the PSM later do it during the MPAK install so you don't have to tear it apart twice. Also, talking to Arc Audio, they told me the PSM comes set up for the MPAK.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran the MPAK 12 without Arc Audio's PSM (Digital Sound Processor) and it sounded great (no flash from the Stealership.). I later added the PSM and although it was an improvement I'm not sure it was worth the cost. If you think your going to add the PSM later do it during the MPAK install so you don't have to tear it apart twice. Also, talking to Arc Audio, they told me the PSM comes set up for the MPAK.
Thanks Norcal will give them a call

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like good news for me because I wasn't planning on getting the PSM if I didnt have to. Personally I think I will be passing on that and running the MPAK 12 as it comes.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought I seen a post from Slowride a while back saying he was not going to sell the MPAK systems no more. He was having trouble with warranty claims about damaged speakers because people were setting the gains too high on the amp. Was it another person that I seen or was it an old post that I did not notice the date on?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I dont believe Karl is selling systems straight out any longer. (I believe he is still doing installs though)

I do however believe he is still giving advice and that is IMO an invaluable asset in and of itself.

Karl and Spazz and a few others have an incredible knowledge of high end, kickass audio and if they say something it would be an excellent idea to listen.

It never ceases to amaze me how cool this site is with help and info.

As MikeU always says "Welcome to the greatest site on the internet".

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts