Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I need some input. I am having trouble with my air shocks ( I know everyone does). Here's my deal I can put in 50 pounds of air in the shocks take the other half out for the day and in two hours it's down to 35 pounds and it's bottoming out handling bad. I took it do the dealer they said if it holds air setting over night then it's good; well it only leaks while I.m riding 2 up. I replaced the fitting on the shocks and the fill valve. So here's my question; how much stiffer, harder is the ride with Progressive or some other shock. I don't want to jar my eye teeth out, but I've got to fix this. So what do you guys think? :confused:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oldnerdguy, what kind of weight are you packing if you don't mind me asking? I weigh in at 300 then you add my wife well she wont tell me but I'm thinking 190 and we bottom out. And my other problem and I guess I just have to get past it is paying that much for shocks! I didn't pay that much for shocks for my sports car!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
before you give up on the air shocks, try pushing the collar in a little, then pushing the air line all the way in. could be they aren't fully inserted.

if that doesn't work, try taking the air line off and making sure that the end is square cut.

or you could do both, just to make sure.

only takes about 5 minutes to do.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put new lines on, new fittings, I even changed the oil in them. I had a '07 Ultra Glide that I put 100,000 on and never had any problems and you could only put 30 psi max in them! I just don't get it. And what erks me is the dealer just says there is nothing we can do. I've bought 4 bikes from them, you'rd think they could at least ride it with 2 people on it to see. I spent my life as a car mechanic and then a manager, if we did that in the car world, the manufacture would be having a fit and I'd loose my job. Just saying;

·
Registered
483 Posts
It sounds like the problem is in the rear shock system I would start by removing the seat putting in the amount of air you run 2 up and then with some sandbags or something to simulate the weight start looking for leaks with a spray bottle and soapy water solution just like you would for a slow leak on a tire , may take a while but if you have a rainy day its a good way to spend it .

Eagle

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it seems that my wife and I must be too heavy for the factory shocks, so I am going to buy some shocks. Now I just need to figure out which ones? Anyone tried these Suspension Technologies USA F-Tech 130BB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts