Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled these infinity capa's out of my ultra. I do not remember where I got these adapters, but I cannot get them to fit. This is what they look like, I will assume the speakers I have will work, but where would I get an adapter for the glide?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I forget where i got mine from but i know hawgwired sells them among others. Im sure youll get a few different responses on who has them. And yes batwing and sharknose fairing speaker adapters are different

·
Banned
845 Posts
I just went threw something like this...... I bought what was displayed as arc audio speakers but found out later that they were fakes when I had issues mounting my speakers. I got the real arc audio adapters and problem solved. Just some advice, buy adapters direct from company.

Arc audio
Hawg wired

Are companys that make good ones. Why wont ur speakers fit? If its simply due to holes not lining up.... Drill out holes just like the ones already in it. Im sure its not but just in case thought I would throw that ur way

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
For $12 it may be worth a shot but they look cheap. For the life of me i cant remember what brand i bought. I do know i paid $50 for them, just cant remember from where damn it:cool:

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
OP, the adapters you found on eBay will work, but if you pay attention you'll notice they are flat, thus blocking instead of offering a smoother passage for the sound coming from your speakers. I have some that I tried. .....it does make a difference. Do yourself a favor, get a decent set of adapters like Hawgwired or Arc, and as mentioned make sure they're not knockoffs.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
672 Posts
Use your current adapters. Put the screw holes at 9,6,3 oclock. I would suggest putting in the 6 oclock and 9 and leaving them loose. The 3 oclock position may not line up perfectly but give it a slight nudge and ypure golden.

The adapters for RGs also fit the Ultras and vice versa

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to get the ones from hog wired, or just sell them and buy the J&M kit. I'm not sure what to do just yet. Thanks for the help. So nice to be on a forum where the first three responses are not, use the search function, that is your friend. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cruthfield.com has JL Audio adapters for the sharks at $50.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I'm going to get the ones from hog wired, or just sell them and buy the J&M kit. I'm not sure what to do just yet. Thanks for the help. So nice to be on a forum where the first three responses are not, use the search function, that is your friend. :rolleyes:

Ya I know what u mean man...... Even though the answers could and most of the time are in the search somehwere, its always nice to be able to ask it again to get clarification and just make sure. Hearing it is alot better than reading it all day!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have decided to get the J&M ones, and will put these up for sale on here and the HD forums in the future. I got a good tax return coming and I am hoping to get some goodies for my RG. On my bike today, at 60-70mph I could not hear the radio at all. Do the HD engineers actually ride this crap they develop?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No they expect/want you to spend boat loads of cash to improve on the things they should have gotten right the first time! Our job on this Forum is to make sure the corrections go smoothly! ;)

BTW Welcome to the forum we are all here to help!

·
Registered
156 Posts
No they expect/want you to spend boat loads of cash to improve on the things they should have gotten right the first time! Our job on this Forum is to make sure the corrections go smoothly! ;)

BTW Welcome to the forum we are all here to help!
Great Post. . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts