Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't upgrade my radio to the new 1.19.

PBR300X2 and Kappas coming tomorrow. Installing them myself Thursday.

1) I need a flash, correct? Not the old amp 1&2 off, 8 speakers, fader on flash?

2) what's the correct flash to get?

3) should i update my head unit to 1.19.0 before i go for a flash?

3) do I flash before I iinstall?

4) do I need the remote wire wired in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Harley dealer says they're familiar with the process, but I'm skeptical. Would like to know from here so I can be sure. Also, they say I gotta install first, then get the flash after. Is this correct?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Seethevst.i had the same problem. I didn't have any faith in my local dealer to perform this program correctly. Bought a line leveler(magic box)from sounds audio it is doing the trick so far. As for the remote wire on your set up I'm not sure. If your amp has a blue wire (remote)I would say yes. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not gonna use the magic box. If I don't get a flash, I don't need a remote wire, but I've heard mixed reviews on if I need one after the flash.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Answers Below:

Didn't upgrade my radio to the new 1.19.

PBR300X2 and Kappas coming tomorrow. Installing them myself Thursday.

1) I need a flash, correct? Not the old amp 1&2 off, 8 speakers, fader on flash?

To the best of my knowledge, when an external amp (any of them) is hooked up you need to set amps 1 & 2 to off. I literally just looked at my settings a little while ago (today) at the dealership. I don't have an 8-speaker option, only 4, which mine is set to because I have 4 speakers. I'm running an RF 400/4 amp with Hertz & RF speakers and the sound is really nice.

2) what's the correct flash to get?

Is this the same as question #1? See answer above.

3) should i update my head unit to 1.19.0 before i go for a flash?

I installed the 1.19.0 update and my sound got completely wacked out. I rolled it back to the 1.18.3 update and it is perfect. IMO, keep a copy of the 1.18.3 update and try the 1.19.0. If it is okay, then leave it, but give yourself a way to go back to the previous update if things get goofy. I will do this going forward - always try the new update but I will have a copy of what was working just in case. Also, the update should not change the flash (settings) that have been set in the computer / radio.

3) do I flash before I iinstall?

Either way *should* be same result, but I would get the flash set then try the update to the 1.19.0. That way you will know if there is a difference and can roll back to previous update if required.

4) do I need the remote wire wired in?

No clue here - maybe the instructions or an audio "expert" can help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree about the rollback to v. 18.3. I'm running Infiniti Kappas with a RF PBR300 amp. The difference between stereo performance from 18.3 to 19.0 is mind-boggling. AVC worked again with 19.0, but the volume was much lower than under 18.3 post flash. Rolling back to 18.3 had me back to only turning the volume up to just over half when at 70+ mph. With 19.0 I could barely hear the tunes with volume on full at speed. The BS with this Boom 6.5 for the cost of these bikes is ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts