Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t seem to get the Harley Boom Box voice recognition to work with the Sena 20S and Freewire. Boom Box voice prompts work fine when using the direct connect cord to the HD 7pin com port (no Freewire).

When I try to use the Freewire and 20S I cannot get the Boom Box voice prompts to work.

Not sure if this would make any difference, but, I’m using the Sena helmet headset kit for Harley CB/Audio as that’s what I already had from my 2012 RGU. Added the Freewire in the summer before I traded for the 17 RGS in Dec.

Bike is 17 RGS with the 7pin com port, 20S is the Sena version and has the latest 1.7.6 firmware, Freewire is also latest 1.0.1 firmware, RGS Boom Box was 1.20.3, I upgraded to the 1.22.0.1 (either way the voice prompts did not work). 20S paired only to the Freewire, iPhone paired only to the Boom Box.

I’ve spent about ½ a day now trying to get this going, getting frustrating. It’s almost like something simple I’m not doing…at least the 7pin cord does work as a fallback...

Looking for any suggestions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I did watch his videos. Based on that I unpaired the iPhone from the 20S. Everything else appears as if it should work.

Also, it’s only the voice prompts that are not working, I do get audio (radio/cb/media/nav) when using the 20S/Freewire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts