Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trailer my RGU to Florida for 6 months every year, I bring way too much stuff to ride. My enclosed trailer is just big enough to hold the bike, makes it a hassel to tie down the front so I got a set of Canyon Dancer II handlebar tie downs. They make securing the bike much easier, as I find it difficult to get a good spot for straps what with lowers, air deflectors and limited space. Check'em out.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
oooh, no way i would use those. i don't think the handlebars will support that much weight without bending.

i could see a small dirt bike, but not a 1000 lb tourer.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would have to agree with skratch. You should look into the Biker Bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
RG's are tough to secure on the front end. I have a Condor wheel chock bolted in my trailer. There is a strap that runs from the wheel chock over the tire (under the fender) and ratchets down. Keeps the front end solidly in place without putting any stress on the suspension or handle bars. On short trips I have even forgone tying off the back & it doesn't move. Don't remember what I paid for it but it has been well worth it & its quick and easy to use.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I would have to agree with skratch. You should look into the Biker Bar.

They are expensive but a great investment if you do some trailering. No straps needed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
RG's are tough to secure on the front end. I have a Condor wheel chock bolted in my trailer. There is a strap that runs from the wheel chock over the tire (under the fender) and ratchets down. Keeps the front end solidly in place without putting any stress on the suspension or handle bars. On short trips I have even forgone tying off the back & it doesn't move. Don't remember what I paid for it but it has been well worth it & its quick and easy to use.

I’ll have to look at my condor, never thought about that before. Where exactly are you attaching it?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I trailer my RGU to Florida for 6 months every year, I bring way too much stuff to ride. My enclosed trailer is just big enough to hold the bike, makes it a hassel to tie down the front so I got a set of Canyon Dancer II handlebar tie downs. They make securing the bike much easier, as I find it difficult to get a good spot for straps what with lowers, air deflectors and limited space. Check'em out.

I talked to the guys at canyon a few years ago when I bought my trailer and was looking for options. Maybe they’ve come out with something new since then, but they flat out told me to go another direction. They said some guys had used it with no issues, but their system wasn’t designed with touring bikes in mind. At least not back then.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I have canyon dancers that I used when hauling sport bikes. I tried them on my sport touring bike but the straps put pressure on the controls. (switchgear).

When the Harley shop has come to pick up my bikes for warranty work they put the bike in a wheel chock and then put soft ties on the forks at the front fenders. They never had an issue hauling the bike that way. Now, if I were hauling the Harleys I would also strap the rear of the bike down for safety and stability in cause of an emergency maneuver or minor wreck.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Condor wheel chock and Bagger Nation touch less tie down anchor system installed works great for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ll have to look at my condor, never thought about that before. Where exactly are you attaching it?

I have a 6.5 X 12' vnose and the chock is bolted thru the floor about 2' back from the nose. I made a matching plate (1/4" steel) to attach under the trailer deck. I wasn't comfortable with the weight of a bagger pulling on those bolts through the wood deck only.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a 6.5 X 12' vnose and the chock is bolted thru the floor about 2' back from the nose. I made a matching plate (1/4" steel) to attach under the trailer deck. I wasn't comfortable with the weight of a bagger pulling on those bolts through the wood deck only.

Do you have the condor trailer specific chock (black one) or the silver one? I have the silver ones and used the trailer mount kit it came with. Trailer had full length metal plates outboard on both sides and down the middle so no support issues.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Used a enclosed trailer from a buddy last june... he had the biker bar system in it. If I had to trailer bikes, that would be my preferred way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts