Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else, but the cap on my 2015 is a bit of a pain. The hinged cover is in the way, on top of that, i always have to place the cap on top of the dirty gas pump. Has anyone tried to adapt fords capless filler assembly?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Is the 2015 tank lid different than previous years? I've never had a problem with the fuel door obstructing a fill-up. I've never concerned myself with having to set the cap on top of the pump... just never been an inconvenience or caused a problem.
Certainly nothing worthy of a modification, at least for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got used to it pretty quick. The Road King had no hinged lid, so that's a little more open and easier to get to, but not a big deal anymore on RGS. As far as the cap is concerned, I've always laid the cap upside down on a glove on the seat.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Some of you guys must be senile. ;-)
How do you forget to put the cap back on since you have to hang up the pump & close the lid? Do you also forget to pull your card back out to authorize the purchase.

Just kidding...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but the cap on my 2015 is a bit of a pain. The hinged cover is in the way, on top of that, i always have to place the cap on top of the dirty gas pump. Has anyone tried to adapt fords capless filler assembly?
To answer your original question I have not seen a capless filler assembly for the road glide. But I like the idea. The cover and the cap are a pita.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,819 Posts
I just make sure my man-servant has the tank completely filled before I leave the house so I don't have to worry about it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I always fill my bike still sitting in the seat, put the cap on the pump slide the card and fill. I don't see a lot of guys sitting and filling. I always laugh because I'm the first to pull away from the pump. No need to dismount.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I usually just put mine on top of the fairing behind the windshield.
Ditto for me. Couple of years ago I stopped for gas and discovered my screw on cap was missing when I opened the fuel door. Damn! But...., I was filling up where I last filled up about a week ago. Went inside and asked the clerk if anyone had turned in a gas cap and he reached under the counter to get my cap and handed it to me. I no longer sit the gas cap on the pump.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.