Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else experience difficulty in getting Car Play to reconnect with the Boom GTS Infotainment system after making a stop and turning the bike off. Very frustrating trying to reestablish the connection after a gas or food stop. The infotainment system is seeing my phone and picks up playing music where it left off, just not through car play. So that also renders all other apps through car play inaccessible as well. Irritating to say the least. I have tried disconnecting phone from bike, turning head set off and on again and reconnecting phone. Nothing works. Leave bike sit for a few hours and works fine until next turn it off. Then the same shit all over again.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Harley Customer service knows about it. I have a reference from calling about the same issue. Here is what I've seen so far, I posted this same info in a thread I started. This all started with the 17.00 update and the 22.00 didn't fix it.

1. If I plug the phone in prior to starting the bike, the CarPlay Icon comes up but CarPlay wont activate until I unplug the phone and plug it back in....then it pops right up

2. If I start the bike and let the radio come up THEN plug in the phone CarPlay comes right up.

3. If I shut off the bike once car play has already been active, like to get gas, and don't unplug my phone, CarPlay come right back on once the bike is started.....before this action would cause a pop up message asking if I would like to resume CarPlay. The pop up message doesn't come back up any more.

I use a wired headset just for SA. This has been what I've seen as far as I can remember every time I've been on the bike since the 20.00 update

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harley Customer service knows about it. I have a reference from calling about the same issue. Here is what I've seen so far, I posted this same info in a thread I started. This all started with the 17.00 update and the 20.00 didn't fix it.

1. If I plug the phone in prior to starting the bike, the CarPlay Icon comes up but CarPlay wont activate until I unplug the phone and plug it back in....then it pops right up

2. If I start the bike and let the radio come up THEN plug in the phone CarPlay comes right up.

3. If I shut off the bike once car play has already been active, like to get gas, and don't unplug my phone, CarPlay come right back on once the bike is started.....before this action would cause a pop up message asking if I would like to resume CarPlay. The pop up message doesn't come back up any more.

I use a wired headset just for SA. This has been what I've seen as far as I can remember every time I've been on the bike since the 20.00 update
In my case, I have a different result than your number 3. My music resumes where it left off, but no more car play or option to resume car play. I am using a IPhone 11 Pro. Are you sure car play resumed and not just the music?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
In my case, I have a different result than your number 3. My music resumes where it left off, but no more car play or option to resume car play. I am using a IPhone 11 Pro.
I've had that happen before too. But I can't remember if it started after 17.00 or before. But I think it was 17.00. We should be on the same iOS so the phone model shouldn't matter. What BOOM! update are you on?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had that happen before too. But I can't remember if it started after 17.00 or before. But I think it was 17.00. We should be on the same iOS so the phone model shouldn't matter. What BOOM! update are you on?
The new release that just came out on the 26th, but I had this issue for a while. I am hoping this new release will fix it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
MY21.20.17.00 is the release that activated Android Auto. MY21.20.22.00 is the one that came out the 26th. So it didn't really fix it. I know I always use to plug my phone in prior to starting the bike so 17.00 is what messed that up. I'll just have to remember to wait and plug the phone in till after the bike is on till the next update comes out.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Have you tried turning off your bluetooth. Sounds like it is connecting that way. I was having similar issues before I got a new phone. I have not connected it by bluetooth yet and have not had this issue since.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Have you tried turning off your bluetooth. Sounds like it is connecting that way. I was having similar issues before I got a new phone. I have not connected it by bluetooth yet and have not had this issue since.
I haven't tried that, but I don't think it's the issue. The radio is recognizing the iPhone is connected and the phone icon is turning into the CarPlay icon, you just can't switch it over without unplugging the cable and plugging it back in.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I love CarPlay when it comes on but it sure seems hard to start sometimes. Mine is working great right now but I have not done this latest update and I am almost afraid to do it. craigffb are you saying the CarPlay icon is showing but it won't allow you to select it? That is one mine has never done. It has started up then quit right away but the icon disappears.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Guys on the CVO forum are bitching about it getting stupid lately.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
I bet that's a blast over there...a bunch of guys telling each other they have a CVO....LOL

Back to topic

This is the only issue I've seen from the last update. They fixed an issue I had that use to drive me nuts, this is just an inconvenience because I have to change a habit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does anyone else experience difficulty in getting Car Play to reconnect with the Boom GTS Infotainment system after making a stop and turning the bike off. Very frustrating trying to reestablish the connection after a gas or food stop. The infotainment system is seeing my phone and picks up playing music where it left off, just not through car play. So that also renders all other apps through car play inaccessible as well. Irritating to say the least. I have tried disconnecting phone from bike, turning head set off and on again and reconnecting phone. Nothing works. Leave bike sit for a few hours and works fine until next turn it off. Then the same shit all over again.
When mine would do that it was because of the cord. I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I love CarPlay when it comes on but it sure seems hard to start sometimes. Mine is working great right now but I have not done this latest update and I am almost afraid to do it. craigffb are you saying the CarPlay icon is showing but it won't allow you to select it? That is one mine has never done. It has started up then quit right away but the icon disappears.
Yes the icon is on the screen and you can click it, it just doesn't do anything.

If your icon is dropping, the radio is either loosing connection to the phone or Mic.

·
Registered
997 Posts
When it does that it is always after a stop. It comes up then is gone. Unplug from cord and plug back in usually fixes it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
When it does that it is always after a stop. It comes up then is gone. Unplug from cord and plug back in usually fixes it.
Sounds like the same thing. I think the icon coming up might be from the 22.00 update, cause I don't remember seeing if before this week. But then again I have a hard time finding my keys and phone half the time so take it for what it's worth....LOL

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like the same thing. I think the icon coming up might be from the 22.00 update, cause I don't remember seeing if before this week. But then again I have a hard time finding my keys and phone half the time so take it for what it's worth....LOL
Sounds to me like we are all having some variant of an issue with it. Hopefully H-D will get it sorted out soon.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Sounds to me like we are all having some variant of an issue with it. Hopefully H-D will get it sorted out soon.
Same. If you guys haven’t contacted H-D there is a section in customer service for radio issues. If enough people are reporting the same issue hopefully they will get on it sooner.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I bet that's a blast over there...a bunch of guys telling each other they have a CVO....LOL

Back to topic

This is the only issue I've seen from the last update. They fixed an issue I had that use to drive me nuts, this is just an inconvenience because I have to change a habit.
Trying to get the word out that there's other forums stating the issue it more rampid than just here and you again have to through a dagger. Get over it. We know your disdian for the model. No need to remind people every chance your get.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Trying to get the word out that there's other forums stating the issue it more rampid than just here and you again have to through a dagger. Get over it. We know your disdian for the model. No need to remind people every chance your get.

It was a joke and I think you have me confused with someone else.

And after looking at your reply again I can see why it spun you up. The back to topic was for ME to get back to topic after goofing on the CVO guys. Not a shot at you directly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts