Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting fed-up with TBW issues on my 2012 FLTRX and I also wonder if using carbs will make her sound better. Two questions 1)Can I get rid of the TBW and put a cabled-throttle on without having to do anything else such as get rid of the fuel injection and 2) If I did want to get rid of the fuel injection and get carbs are there kits specifically for my bike to do this? What's involved? What kit to get?

Anyone here to do this?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If you check the Dyna and the Softail, I believe they are still using cables.
That is better than going back 6 years to try to add out dated Touring equipment.

But I haven't ever had any problems with my TBW. I have even changed my handlebars.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you check the Dyna and the Softail, I believe they are still using cables.
That is better than going back 6 years to try to add out dated Touring equipment.

But I haven't ever had any problems with my TBW. I have even changed my handlebars.

What would be involved in removing the TBW system and putting a cable on instead?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
What would be involved in removing the TBW system and putting a cable on instead?
Well, to start you need a big bank. It will cost to change. Anything can be done with enough money.
Next, you would need service manual and part catalog for both your bike and the year of the parts you change too. This way you get the correct parts.
The basic parts start with the ECM, manifold, sensors, cables, chock, harnesses, brackets, and assorted nuts and bolts. The books will give specific parts and numbers needed.

In reality, it would cost less to sell yours and buy an older model without TBW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts