Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at going with the 17" evil apes. Talked to carlini yesterday and got a quote for everything. I was trying figure out how long the brake line and clutch cable need to be over stock so I can look at options for them. Does anyone know? They would not share that information with me. It for 2013 fltrx no abs

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm looking at going with the 17" evil apes. Talked to carlini yesterday and got a quote for everything. I was trying figure out how long the brake line and clutch cable need to be over stock so I can look at options for them. Does anyone know? They would not share that information with me. It for 2013 fltrx no abs
Wouldn't share that info??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the Carlini 14" Evil Apes and this is what I ordered. I'm pretty sure if you just add 3" to the upper brake line kit you'll be fine. Then go with the +8 clutch....

For the brake and clutch cables I ordered new stainless steel sets from Magnum Shielding, my bike doesn't have ABS. This is what I ordered, (all black pearl PN's are 4##### while the regular stainless are 3##### I think) with part numbers:

1 x 27" 35 10mm Upper Break Line (47127)
1 x SCII Lower Brake Line Kit Dual Disc (47009)
1 x Chromite II Clutch Cable Alt Length (42236HE) - black +6 clutch line

I could probably have gotten away with a +4 on the clutch line but it would have been tight. That being said since you are getting the 17" bars I think if you bumped up to a +8 you would be fine. If you want to be super safe then +10 would definitely be long enough.

ALSO, PM FlyByWire, he's got the 17's: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=31575&highlight=Evil+Apes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yo shady give me a call I will PM you. I went with the 17" Evils and I love them. Anyway here is my write up link:

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=58090

+8 Clutch
+8 Brake line.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks SBR, i got your pm and replied

·
Registered
181 Posts