Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped off the RGU this morning for service, new tires and 14" Pist apes install. Will post pics when done.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mind if I ask how long it took you to get your Carlini apes in from the time you ordered them?

I ordered a set of 16" Gangsters and the appropriate risers for my '15 RGS on April 23rd and I am waiting as patiently as possible for their arrival.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Indy ordered them for me, had everything in just over a week.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Mind if I ask how long it took you to get your Carlini apes in from the time you ordered them?

I ordered a set of 16" Gangsters and the appropriate risers for my '15 RGS on April 23rd and I am waiting as patiently as possible for their arrival.
I put the 16" × 1 1/2" gangsters on mine, love the bars, it took like 8 business days to receive mine, they always had great costomer service when I delt with them.

·
Registered
2021 RG special in Snake Venom
2,401 Posts
All of those Carlini bars look incredible! I am 2nd guessing my monkey bars now, to low and to forward. How did you guys determine the pull back on your bars?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already knew that I didn't want a lot of pullback since I have a set of 16" Wild 1's with 12.5" of pullback. I was also lucky enough to get on an RGU last year with the Pist apes. My choice was between the Pist or Gangsters, both have 7" of p/b. Pist are more suitable for lane splitting as they are 34.5" wide vs 38.5" for the Gangster's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My Indy ordered them for me, had everything in just over a week.
I put the 16" × 1 1/2" gangsters on mine, love the bars, it took like 8 business days to receive mine, they always had great costomer service when I delt with them.
Wow. I'm thinking I need to make a few phone calls tomorrow.

I don't know where I got this idea from, but I was under the impression they were at a 4-5 week lead time.

I did send Carlini an e-mail two days ago asking for update information, but I have yet to hear back from them.

Thank you both for the information.

EDIT: Just found on the website that the 16" Gangsters I am waiting on are on back order. It doesn't specify any further. Hopefully they will respond to my e-mail or be able to give me a time frame by phone.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back order

Sorry to hear about the back order. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. :mad:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the 14's. Very comfortable so far.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I still haven't received any response from them via e-mail, but I was at the dealer on Saturday and he said he was going to call them yesterday. I work nights and ended up oversleeping, so I will have to call him today to see how the call went.

We did identify another problem though. The black bars were ordered rather than the Chrome. Hopefully he will get that fixed and have a decent time frame to tell me when I talk to him later today.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those look tits. I run the 16" Menace on my RGC View attachment 196490
Thanks GMONEY. I should have put these on long ago, it's like riding a totally different bike now.
I still haven't received any response from them via e-mail, but I was at the dealer on Saturday and he said he was going to call them yesterday. I work nights and ended up oversleeping, so I will have to call him today to see how the call went.

We did identify another problem though. The black bars were ordered rather than the Chrome. Hopefully he will get that fixed and have a decent time frame to tell me when I talk to him later today.
Hope you get it worked out, my Indy had everything in just over a week. Is anything on back order or just the mix up between the black and chrome?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hope you get it worked out, my Indy had everything in just over a week. Is anything on back order or just the mix up between the black and chrome?
Thanks!

Unfortunately we are dealing with a back order issue also. I'm hoping to get a response by phone or e-mail eventually. Some type of update would be nice.

I just checked their site and it looks like the other bars they've had listed as back ordered have all been released now. Hopefully mine will follow soon!

I'm not giving up hope yet! lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What other parts did you have to change to go with the 14" carlini's
8" TBW extension kit, wire extension kit, new clutch cable,
Gooden tight bushings. They were able to use the stock front brake line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.