Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, not a rant. Just looking for some information. In fact, I have no negative comments about dealing with Carlini (so far). I understand why some are not in the "Carlini Camp." But for me personally, I knew what I was going to spend on them and got what I wanted. There are others that have done the same for less with other bar makers and that's cool too. Get what you dig the most! I'll add that that there was no ego crap to put up with in the process and everything went smooth. I just received my 1.5" x 16" Gangsters and they are balls-out WICKED. The only thing I'm second guessing is whether I should have went even higher. I'll be doing the install in another week. We'll see if I'm ready to kill someone by then when I'm bleeding new lines :D

I've seen some mention about set screws due to Carlini's non-existent knurling, but couldn't find the specific posts. I did cut down my cost a bit by going with the LA Choppers 1.5 riser instead of Carlini's (mentioned here - thanks). For those of you that have used the set screws on Carlini's risers or others with success, have you drilled into the bars for the set screw to drop into or just torqued the screws down onto the bars? I don't want any unnecessary holes in the bars if I decide to rotate them, but don't want anything rotating on it's own either. If it has to be done, it has to be done. Something doesn't agree with me about the notion of using sandpaper between the bars and the riser to keep the bars from shifting.

As always, any info is appreciated. This site is truly a wealth of collaborative information and hope that I can contribute to it a bit more in the future. I will post pics when it's done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts